I have played EVE off and on over the last decade. I finally decided to full invest into the game and really try to deep dive into it all!
Ok, for my ideas:
- Ship to ship Raiding. My thought with this is along the lines of when Darrow O’Lykos takes control of another capital ship by launching himself from a launch tube into the main deck of the enemy ship. (Red Rising series). We already have Marines as an item in the game. I’m not familiar enough with large fleet conflict to be specific, but what if you could raid another ship and either steal loot or take over the ship entirely with a raiding party of marines? New ships or ship equipment designed specifically to fire these Marines into ships with no shields? Maybe include structures as raidable sources? With structures, you could maybe used raiding ships in small gang warfare to steal other corporation assets from their structures?
- Exotic dancers. These are also in the game so why not create smaller structures that smaller corps or small groups of players could get passive income from a brothel, casino, etc. These structures could be destroyed, or raided to take over ownership. Maybe have classes or tiers of these structures that can be built based on skills as well as maintaining the structure like you would a keepstar or astrahaus?
- Scientists. These are in the game as well so why not give them some functions? Structures that focus on research and development? They could develop new blueprints after a certain timer? You could use mission rewards to award DNA, or some other form of resource to start research jobs? These structures could have bonuses to researching blueprints to upgrade from T1 to T2, and so on?
- WH player made stargates. Gates created to keep a WH open? These gate structures would need to be maintained to keep it open/stable, but could provide a highway for small gang warfare to reach out farther than their own neighboring systems?
- Personal crests/seals that show up on player made ships in space. Have a favorite manufacturer you buy from? Showcase your “brand” by flying ships that have their brand/logo on your ships hull! Adds a personalization aspect to the game. I believe this could create a fun competition between manufacturers/industry corps!
Just some thoughts I’ve had when reading my favorite books and thinking about my own random things while at work.
Let me know if anyone thinks these could work! I hope some more experienced players can give some more insight for these as well. Tell us why it could or could not work.