Ships That Utilize Weapon Systems That Aren't Primary to Their Races

I think this could change, quite a few Caldari ships have pretty good bonuses with Hybrid Turrets.

Nope, I don’t see it happening anytime soon. It’s a common rule among every capital in the game, including faction ones : they are bonused only for their race primary weapons.

An Avatar (and Molok) doesn’t have bonus for drones. An Erebus (and Vanquisher) doesn’t have bonus for drones. A Ragnarok doesn’t have bonus for Missiles. A Leviathan doesn’t have bonus for Hybrids.

The only exception to this rule I can see are the Caiman and Komodo, which are the only Dreadnought and Titan able to launch fighters, but it’s to stay in line with the holy PVE trinity : Worm - Gila - Rattlesnake.

And even that, you’ll rarely see them.

Dreadnoughts and Titans are the only damage-dealing Capital Ships that use Hardpoint-fitted weapon systems, and they don’t have bonuses to their respective racial “secondary” weapon systems because they are the forerunners of New Eden (and its races). The Titans would still hold the top spots and would give their bonuses to the races’ respective primary weapon systems, remaining unchanged. Dreadnoughts would remain unchanged as well and grant their respective racial primary weapon system bonuses. Also, there wouldn’t need to be any additional Drone-based Capital Ships because they already exist (e.g. Carriers, Supercarriers); therefore, every race has bonuses for a non-primary weapon system in Capital Ships because of Fighters, which are Frigate-sized Drones. (Fighters - UniWiki)

The ships I imagine could perhaps be Capital Ship versions of Battleships, thus being massive and granting bonuses to non-primary weapon systems without having particularly specialized modules otherwise (i.e. modules like Command Bursts, Siege Modules, Phenomena Generators, Doomsday Devices), though I’m not against a fitting that includes new types of modules or existing ones like Command Bursts.

@mkint I think your comment is constructive and useful, but I am also lucky that you think “…it might not be a bad idea…” and “It would throw in some variety.”

However, I don’t think it would be necessary to add Capital Ships as Pirate Ships; just racial, non-faction Capital Ships.

There. Much better.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.