Shooting without target lock

Hello I was wondering if there is a way to shoot line of sight first person without targeting the ship are there any gun that do that in the game?

1 Like

No there is not.

The only time you can shoot without target lock is with FoF missiles as they dont require a lock but you cannot choose who to shoot at either.

4 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bombs and smartbombs also work without the need of a target.

It is possible to shoot without alerting the victim with passive targeter modules.

And i guess Titans’ bosonic and lance types of doomsday are line-of-sight type weapons too.

5 Likes

I was going from Hi sec to null in an Interceptor I know now that I was going too slow I was in warp at 8au didn’t even have the chance to slow down from warp when I got to the next gate I was popped no sign of target lock or anything was in warp then out of it in a heartbeat surrounded by ship parts then popped just as fast was wondering how they did that. (Didn’t even see them)

1 Like

Smartbombs

3 Likes

I guess there would be no way to outrun those :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

you can always outmaneuver them. The simplest way is to not warp from gate to gate directly. The harder way is to have observation points made beforehand around each gate that you warp to.

5 Likes

It should show you on your KM what killed you, as said above, probably smarbombs

2 Likes

Thank you at that time I bounced off of a moon because I was not in null when this happened I was in Lower security space and could see them in local think they had all the route covered next time I will make an observation point.

2 Likes

I will have to talk to Goonswarm this is the Corp not the player name

1 Like

there is no need.
Your Prospect:

and your Ares:

were definitely killed by Machariel with smartbombs.

2 Likes

The Ares is mine I don’t remember ever loosing a prospect though :confused:

1 Like

were you auto piloting in LS while AFK?
Killboard says you lost it (and the capsule) 3 hours prior to Ares… and in the same system, on the same gate and to the same opponent.

2 Likes

I remember now my prospect was cloaked and he was dueling someone else they started the bombs at each other when I passed by I was coming out of warp and they were very close to the gate.

As for auto pilot I was told never to touch that and I only go AFK in station (I think since It was more like a casualty of war my mind didn’t process that as a kill)

1 Like

If an Interceptor has below 2s align to warp time, wouldn’t that nullify Smartbombs?

Instaloki

Goonswarm? That’s a weird name for a guild.

1 Like

shhhh dont give away my hacks

I am not sure I know my alignment time was right at 2s