Optimizing targeting and time management

Hey guys im pretty new to eve but i already found a thing that maybe need a change or maybe the veterans can explain me why this shouldnt be changed at all :slight_smile:

So i try to explain what i mean and hope i find the right words:

For example: When im on a security mission, use a warp gate and warp into the mission then i stay in the middle of some enemys which are totaly in range for locking. Now my point: Maybe 1 or 2 secs before i leave the warp-bubble they are already in my locking range but i cant start the locking. i dont want to override the game mechanics i just want to click on the enemys during the bubble BUT the locking still starts after leaving the bubble like it is now.
So i dont want to make the locking faster i just want better time manegement for my interface actions.

Or easier: i want to start the afterburner during the warp-bubble but the module starts when i fully leave the bubble.

Does anyone get what i mean? :smiley:

Theres similar point whith weapons. When i use rockets and the last shot kills the enemy i cant lock the weapon on another target until the weapon is reloaded and shut down by itsself. I dont want to interrupt the reload of course i just want to lock the weapon on another target until its reloading for more fluent gameplay or better interface action doenst matter how we call it.

I hope we speak the same language. :smiley:

1 Like

You mean queueing locks and module activations when exiting warp and reloading?

Sounds fair enough if it’s doable.

I guess you found the better word for it!

even just being to ‘tab’ through targets you already have locked up would be nice

Does Eve really need a change that will make it easier to earn bounties?:slightly_smiling_face:

There are already ways to “tab” through targets. In the shortcuts, under navigation, there is “Select next target” and “Select previous targets”. I haven’t tried using tab, but it works quite well with the keys I have assigned to it.

@Do_Little
It’s just about your ship getting active as soon as you exit warp, which would be convenient, although obviously not necessary.

Given that warping on grid and getting your first sweep of targets only happens once per site, I don’t think it would be much of a change. In fact, it seems like it would be much more of a thing for pvp, especially if you could queue targeting to engage as soon as your uncloak timer is over for astero/stratios/cloaky T3 ganking. Pvp does not tend to have waves and starting early is quite an advantage.

I don’t think it’s needed but you are worried about anoms being cleared a total of about 0.5 seconds faster since it would only really matter on 1 lock per anoms we run. Everything past the first lock won’t matter because your guns aren’t really to cycle on those target until they finish their cycles on the first target.

Old code no touchy…

Unless you want to start flying upside down every time you activate a survey scanner

The reason for that is that EvE is not a simulator but an Excell table sheet.

When you are in warp something similar to the following happens on the server:

• Bubble s (your boat) makes a vector change to x,y, z coordinate

• Bubble s presses “warp to” x2, y2, z2 coordinate

• Ask server if the path (a straight line) is obstrued ?

• Move bubble s from x, y, z to x2, y2, z2 coordinate

• Distance check of flight path (second one)

• Distance check of flight path (second two)

• Distance check of flight path (second 23)

• Destination coordinates reached at 1987m from x2, y2, z2 (you are out of warp now)

• Module 1, 4 and 5-9 activated (if you manage to press all the keys for a Kestrel at the same time)

• Modules change heading of bubble s to x3, y3, z3 coordinate (you approach NPC)

This is how EvE works every second of every minute of every hour. In one second intervals the client asks the server to do stuff and responds if that it possible or not (as in mwd shutting down when you are scrammed).

So even though the client shows a beautiful Kestrel for you to look at, you are a bubble with a vector.

A good way to see this in action is to look at the power-slide warps larger ships do with their bubbles being aligned while the beautiful ship model is still at a somewhat awkward angle.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.