Should CCP remove gas harvesting for alpha clones?

Just block them. Forum experience improves!

3 Likes

So you think it is mainly what you said, and possibly the lack of enough destruction during the war , combined with also stockpiles of capitals that people have ?

Gas prices have been volatile for years. People who harvest and sell gas directly have experienced this and use it to their advantage.

Look at adam4eve.eu and create some longer term graphs for gas and drug prices.

Well, if you look at the MER, you’ll see a huge spike in production in between the time the industry changes were announced, and when the changes took effect. This resulted in a stockpile of ships that are currently being sold for below current build costs, and little incentive to do a lot of building under the new system (which is reflected in the MER). So, if I had to wager a guess, I’d say that this is reason why gas prices are so low -people aren’t really building the things that require it, which has caused demand to crater.

CCP has also announced the end to resource scarcity. Now, I can only speculate as to what kind of effects this will have, but I do know this -if I were in CCP’s shoes, I’d want to see the results of such a huge change, before I start pulling levers and twisting knobs.

Long story short, I’m not convinced that alphas are causing gas prices to dip. Moreover, we should all probably wait and see what happens with the end of scarcity before we go making changes to address issues born of the era.
No P2W

4 Likes

And even if that was the case, what’s the problem? CCP made certain things available for free. I’m sure they have good reasons.
I’m glad the Devs aren’t hanging on every word that comes out of players’ corner. If it were so, the daily login numbers would be catatrophic.

2 Likes

'Cause they’re so good now? …mmk…

20000 is better than 5000 yea?

Sure.
“Captain, good news! The hull is only half full of water!”
“Excellent! Full speed!”

1 Like

One very small reason why some people would mine scordite is for a certain L2 storyline mission. Either mission runners are mining it, or people that mine it, sell it to the runners.

:rofl: Alright smartass

“Capt’n! Good news! 20000 liters have been pumped out. Only 5000 remaining, she’ll float! We can now return to port. The ship is saved!”

1 Like

More likely than the activity of alphas it’s simply a consequence of the blueprint changes ccp introduced. Gas has become a key element, so more people will go out and try their hand at huffing. Supply increases, prices drop, and most of it is still a correction on the sharp increase of their prices end of March. At first glance the prices look still higher than before the blueprint changes for many gas flavors. Perhaps it’s over-harvested right now, but looking at the prices for the new reaction formula products that go into tech2 bs and higher, any price drop is welcome…

p.s. the 30M for the book doesn’t make it an obvious choice for the average (real) alpha player.

It seems a lot at first glance . But as alpha you can take any t1 frigate and it’s about 15 T0 abyssal sites.

we don’t need to make alpha suck even more than they already do you want people to play this game or not they need some methods to be able to go Omega besides pulling out their credit card

Not necessarily .

Considering you play for free , CCP has been way more than generous with alpha accounts , that can use t2 tank modules , t2 small and medium guns , battleships , faction and pirate ships.
They don’t suck at all . You can easy PLEX an alpha account . You can rat in a Praxis for c3 sites, nullsec anomalies, huff the gas, runt tier 3 abyssals in a Gila, run 1-4/10 DED sites, etc.

So spare us of the “alpha accounts suck” .

3 Likes

not if they keep taking stuff away

No problem there . In the past we had just the 14 days trial .

2 Likes

Youll find a lot of people disagree.

But to be fair, gas mining is hardly the best way to go from Alpha to Omega with ISK

a alpha player needs to make 60 million to 100 million a day within a reasonable time frame to pay for account and in actually enjoy the game the more difficult it is the more time it takes and more the game turns into a second job to progress a more likely they’re going to quit and never pay ever

Yes, that would be the incentive to pay for a sub like a normal person.

Why such a wildly fluctuating figure? A month’s plex is around 1.25 billion if I remember currently. Why would you need between 1,8b and 3b within a month? would you not be able to make more that than while on Omega? (The answer is yes, but paying for a sub is much less boring)

1 Like