Siege Green - Structure Updates Now Avaialble for Testing

I’m not sure you’re actually reading the posts at all, as I’ve said previously, these are suggestions not based on current mechanics. They are suggestions based on structure mechanics changing depending on system security level and/or ADM’s.

It’s great you feel safer in Null, I did too hence the “safer” in inverted commas, it’s not safer which is the problem. An area of space that isn’t policed by concord, capitals are prevalent and additional PvP mechanics are available is safer than highsec. That is disjointed.

1 Like

Oh, I definitely am. But you can’t divorce the suggestions from the impacts those suggestions would have. Nothing happens in a vaccum, and if you try to design a set of changes in isolation, you only end up with a raft of unintended consequences the size of a small gas giant.

I’m guessing English isn’t your primary language. Not that you’ve made any mistakes or anything, but just FYI, in English, those are quotation marks.

Except that the safety in nullsec is 100% because we work for it. We actively work to defend our space. We set standings. More importantly, we establish that if the guy coming into local isn’t set blue, they’re assumed hostile. Nullsec is safer because tens of thousands of man-hours are put in across every sov-holding group, to make it safer for that group in that part of null.

What security there is in highsec, OTOH, is effortless and agnostic: Nobody needs to work for it, and everyone benefits from it.

Highsec’s safety is f2p, Nullsec’s is ‘Pay Up Front’.

Does it still seem disjointed?

It is, but it was gone 3am and the bottle and a half of vino was doing its job nicely but thank you for assuming the role of grammar police, it’s tickled me a bit.

I should have been clearer though, the safety I was referring to was directed at structures. Linking it back to the system safety/ADM level, highsec could have structure restrictions but be harder to destroy, Nullsec is unrestricted with regards to structure types so gains the benefits of larger structures but are easier to destroy relatively speaking.

Regardless, the entire thread is interesting. It does appear to highlight that a one size fits all doesn’t seem to work across the entirety of New Eden.

I am done flinging mud though, it hasn’t stuck so I’ll retreat back to lurking.

Popping in here to note that according to zKilll there has not been an uptick in medium structures destroyed across highsec in the past 7 days compared to 7 days before that, back a few times. (I encourage other players to keep tracking this – use the advanced search function)

The largest current contributor to structure destruction is the imperium’s small campaign against FI.RE in the south.

I would guess the number of structures destroyed is mainly scaling with how many players are playing Eve Online actively which is down lately a bit, as we all know.

Seems that once again we find that players are conservative & stuck in their ways and game design changes do not have a large effect on their behavior.

1 Like

I think we need to pay attention to other factors, for example there was already a massive reduction in medium structures in hisec. To be blunt making it easier on a reduced pot of targets was always going to be a bit iffy to say that it proves anything?

As for me, I could refer to the fact that since the change hit my group lost more medium structures in nullsec, however part of that was because they had been reinforced to their final timer and the hull HP was made so small they finished them off in ten minutes flat. I will of course not use these as an example in whether this patch is good or not.

My metric will be how many people are operating in WH space, Lowsec and NPC nullsec after this has properly embedded in with it being made so much easier to get a killmail on medium structures. For example at an abstract level we see Astrahus and Raitaru’s as being utterly useless. An Athanor has to be able to be used at least once to pay for itself on decent moons and twice on poor moons. It is calculations like that which are the real meat in the pie… and totally ignored by CCP!

1 Like

Nope, not grammar policing, just trying to provide information to someone who seemed to lack it. Gotta remember, most of the people I deal with every day don’t live on my continent.

Then highsec is already orders of magnitude safer. You can’t gank structures. No wardec, no opening fire. So in addition to it being impossible to just troll-ping someone’s structures over and over with no investment until they get tired of defending (because you have to pay to keep the wardec up) the owner gets 24h notice that their structures might get shot.

Unless it’s diamond rats, lol

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m very comfortable with the cloaky-mwd thing, so low sec ain’t so bad. But bubbles and interdictors and Hics are dangerous. Cool, but dangerous.

There’s one little null route segment I routinely have to take to avoid that unforgivable broken highway that Trigsy CCP provided for “fun.” I’ve spent hours getting the bookmarks in place to ensure I can avoid getting caught.

Once again CCP has shown marvelous genius for attacking the real issue of Eve, which is getting new player and retaining new players. Excellence in action!

I’m playing Civ VI a fair amount lately.

CCP is in the quandary of whether to use production to expand their current cities (multi-account whales) or use that production to make new Settlers (new players) and expand.

Holy Weed Seed, Batman! I just had a thought.

Add mechanics to reward CEO’s of corps for each Omega with less then a year since “birth”. Reward the pushers of the addiction, so to speak. Obviously folks will figure out how to exploit this, but it can only lead to more “younger” characters.

Just wait, the kill mails are coming. My corp just lost 3 medium structures. After the shield was popped our timer was 3 days 6 hours. These changes have been out a week. So you’ll start see it soon.

5 Likes

Starting to see it now, the Coalition I am in has lost quite a few now and the losses are accelerating.

NB. As I expected the thought process is that all medium structures are deemed to be worthless throwaway structures and are not worth defending, this has actually reduced content, not a very smart move by CCP. Still I have to laugh…

1 Like

Not quite. The issue isn’t expanding current cities, it’s keeping all of them.

What happened with the small upwell structures, and are we ever going to get that solo player base with the modularity, mobility and the ability to cloak, no mobile depots don’t count. That was mentioned way before upwells were a thing? CCP has a bad habit of forcing people to play together or requiring a group of people just to do something that could be done entirely with one person. to use structures you have to corp up or with any new feature ore compression for example multiboxing shouldn’t have to be a thing to do that for those of us that just want to solo efficiently we are completely ignored. Oh and where are we on the whole walking in stations/ships and captain’s quarters (I loved that feature really raised immersion.)

1 Like

The same thing that will happen with them: nothing. :confused:

Newp.

Yup.

It exists now only in Hilmar’s troll-tweets, alas.

2 Likes

This is another example of the Korean company slowly killing game we loved way was!! Now with this structure thing you force people wake up middle night if able defend People do have real life you realize It not going To make better what trying do If anything you gonna loose people because it just not worth the isk and time even put up a structure there nothing wrong with timers as is it fair and not like do not get destroyed in current way have,Reason a lot people play so long is have plan coordinate these things brings groups together now small fleet can destroy structure with changes are suggesting. This will not improve game or your plex income if make it pay win then all these years as a great game will slowly be gone all ready many left because of dumb ■■■■ ideas you all doing now more frequently aka interdiction loss on interceptors t3 was dumb as example interceptors and t3 nullified were always able be caught with right setup and a good ping was know need for that change either like one with structures does not need change either. If want kill game slowly just take it off line now eventually it will die anyways because dumb changes and listening too certain csm members who only benefit from these changes/large alliances

Many Athanors and Raitaru have been destroyed since this patch was released. Most of the places where they were destroyed are High-sec, then J-Space and Low-sec, and don’t seem to increase that much in Null-sec.

Congratulations to those who represented Null in CSM16. Your last job was a great success. Now, Null-sec manufacturers are making big profits as High-sec manufacturers have lost their competitiveness significantly.

CCP, this situation is what you wanted with this patch, right?

6 Likes

Hey, it was big success because Brisc got one “fun” saturday fleet out of it.

1 Like

I remember one of the null CSMs pimping the change here in the forums. He got a bunch of negative feedback and then got huffy and mad.

I wasn’t impressed with the process.