Simplified ESI Auth for Discord (Eve Link)

Hello!

I created, what I hope to be, a very simple to use ESI Discord auth service that is built upon the connections & linked roles feature. This enables server admins to create roles and configure access to a role based on whether a user is member of a Corporation, Alliance, Faction Warfare Militia, or even just a specific character.

There is no server setup or hosting required to use this service and you don’t even have to give the bot access to any text channels on your server or admin/moderator permissions. The Eve Link bot just needs permission to create a command in order to enable the linked role integration. Roles are granted to members through Discord itself! (https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/10388356626711-Connections-Linked-Roles-Admins)

You are however limited to only one authorized character per Discord account with this linked role integration as the metadata that enables the integration to work is assigned to the Discord user account itself. So, this will not work for everyone.

The goal here was just to create something for those who don’t want to deal with the complexities of a more fully featured self hosted solution for handing ESI auth on their Discord. I hope it’ll be useful for some of you.

I am still working on the development, at this point it’s functional so if you test it, please let me know what you think and if there is anything you’d like to see improved/changed!

Try it out here: https://evelink.net

1 Like

This is absolutely awesome. Thank you.

Glad to hear it. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

Is there a reason the must connect at least on doesn’t work? Need a “Corp Id or Alliance ID” can I separate them with a semi-colon?

Unfortunately you can only set one corp id or alliance id per role. This is a limit due to how Discord has linked roles set up. I do wish you could set multiple of the same linked role requirement to provide different values on a single role, but that is not possible at this time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.