Singularity update: Sisi will stay offline throughout July and August

Hi everyone,

We just wanted to advise you that the Singularity test server will continue to be inaccessible to players throughout July and August unless needed to test a specific feature or perform a mass test.

We’ll provide a further update as we approach September.

Update : Please find further messaging in Singularity Accessibility Update

13 Likes

keep it down longer imo

2 Likes

Now I highly suspect something got leaked or a bug was concealed from CCP.

I always thought the biggest possible problem with SISI is if someone found an exploit, but kept it hush-hush, and then used it on live.

Possible 2020s T20 but without the GM?

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Convict. Now people can stop making daily post asking when Sisi is coming back up.

5 Likes

Awwwww :frowning:

2 Likes

Well I guess if there’s nothing to test, there’s no reason for the test server.

2 Likes

For us, no. For CCP they have plenty of testing they are doing

1 Like

Sounds about right. CCP tests a ton of things:

• Will raising subscription prices really cost us more money in the long run?
  • How much scarcity will the players take before things get REALLY ugly?
  • How quickly will we be forgiven for years of nonsense when we finally start giving out the things we’ve been asked for for a decade?
  • How many failed FPS’s can we make before we run out of milk from EVE’s cash cow?

CCP tests all kinds of things!
The weird thing is that they seem to be using the test server for testing something. that hasn’t happened in a long time… Wait, Nevermind. CCP is probably just trying to figure out how long they can take the test server down before -insert catastrophic event here- happens

6 Likes

And they are under no obligation to give us access to sisi. 24/7. But they do.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
Least we’re more knowledgeable than we were otherwise.

Sure it is “free” but many people pay for EVE and those people also pay for the upkeep of Sisi, so it is kind of BS to leave it off for a quarter of the year with no explanation whatsoever. This is the first time in a month that a dev even acknowledged that the server was off and gave a date for when it MAY come back. I hope there is a real reason for it being off and it is not just CCP messing with us.

2 Likes

Will there be the ability to test capitals and Titans.

1 Like

Im pretty sure you can do that already, you have to build those

Thanks for the update. Considering the reward/incentive for the mass tests are 2M SP on Singularity, if you take the habit of keeping it inaccessible for long periods, this will diminish/void the value of the reward/incentive. Older players may not care about 2M SP on Sisi, but for newer players it means a lot, especially as the mass tests SP were added to participating characters for up to 6 pasts mass tests after a new mirror (up to 12M SP added after a mirror, the equivalent of 9 months of Omega training (without implants)), which helped me a big deal in testing some stuff that lead me commit an additional 2 years of sub on TQ for my main (even though I already had over a year left) and sub 3 additional accounts earlier this year (I’m probably a best case scenario example, but still, even if normal players only have one account, that’s probably CCP’s desired outcome from Singularity usage (in normal situation)).

2 Likes

I need the sisi server for testing concepts and ships. I don’t use it all the time but I need it when I need it. Please find a way to get it back up. Right now I’d be using it to help me decide whether to buy a carrier or a dreadnought.

5 Likes

My opinion is that Singularity will continue to stay offline for one reason.
Cost.
And it is the cost of energy, which have doubled sometime before they decided to bring it down.
I know it is normalizing to prior conditions, but it is still a burden.

1 Like

Bring back the test server

1 Like

Silly… spin another cluster up for expansion testing…

1 Like

Sigh… Never use Sisi but I want to test a few things xD

Sods Law…