SiSi combat with consent only

I have been poking around the Test Server (Singularity) Feedback center of the Eve Online forums and I came across an interesting point. A few players have argued that the only time you need consent to PvP (engage in Player versus Player combat) outside the designated combat system (M-EEO8) is when there is a mass test going on (for those who don’t know, in a mass test players help CCP test new features and updates before they get released on the main server [Tranquility]). I myself, a victim of non-consensual combat outside of the designated combat system (M-EEO8), am simply wondering if it is true that the combat by consent (both players must consent to begin a PvP [player versus player] engagement) is only applicable on the Test Server (Singularity) during CCP sanctioned mass tests.

You CAN shoot anyone in the combat system :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, some people are just salty because they lost their silly SiSi ships.

THICCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I am talking about PvP (player versus player combat) outside of the designated combat system (M-EEO8).

Sorry i didn’t pass my gcses im dumb

For those who don’t know, The GCS is the summation of scores for eye, verbal, and motor (movement) responses.

Someone said a GM has confirmed via support ticket that the rules only apply overall during a mass test.

how many said it isn’t ok? there is an issue with taking the word of just 1 GM, I think it happened with a WH corp that had a magnetar exploit a long time ago (yes, it’s fixed now for years) and the corp exploiting it asked and got told no, than they asked in a different less specific way and got told it’s fine.

I’ve heard that the rules only apply during a mass test, but I think the polite thing to do is ask others if they would like to PvP. Unfortunately, turds will be turds.

However, I’m not so sure that filing tickets and raising a stink about it is the best course of action, as I worry that CCP might think that it’s not worth the effort, and limit our access to the test server. So, might I suggest using the server command “/moveme” to go somewhere else if someone won’t leave you alone.

1 Like

https://community.eveonline.com/support/test-servers/test-server-rules/
from May 2020

1. No interfering with CCP, volunteer or player testing.
  2. Combat by consent only, except in the designated combat system (M-OEE8)

etc.
Looks very clear. Less clear is the enforcement of the rules. Back in 2015 and earlier these same rules were rigorously enforced via simple ticket or post. Ask yourself why you are on the test server in the first place … if you want to mess with other people use TQ.

2 Likes

Yes I believe the person who claimed that PvP (Player vs player wombat) outside of the designated combat system (M-EEO8) only needs consent during mass tests said that a GM (Game master) told him so.

1 Like

Whatever happens on the test server stays on the test server.

:slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.