Sisters of Eve: afraid? (restart)

Like I said: if there was a trial, it was in absentia. The capsuleers involved (the ones punished) were not present for it any more than the rest of us were.

1 Like

You’re not really trying to argue that these were somehow innocent souls that weren’t using unauthorized automation technology?

1 Like

No, I’m saying we have no evidence of a trial. I’m not really sure we need a trial, since CONCORD gets full specs on our ships every time our pod hooks up, but the question was ‘did someone ask for a summary of the trial?’

Nope. We don’t know there was a trial. CONCORD said ‘kill them’ and the mob killed them. End of story.

1 Like

Aaah, right, fair’nuff. Can’t really fault them there, why waste a bunch of time and effort on something so nonsensical? They have set forth the few rules we need to abide by, and when those rules get broken dey gon fuk ya up. This has been the case for a decade and a half now. There are many things we can complain about when it comes to CONCORD, but their enforcement of those rules have historically been lackluster rather than overbearing. If anything, they come down on this stuff far too little, and seemingly require far more proof than I would have given how many jack-heads are still demonstrably out there beep-boopin’ their way to bounties and ore.

This ain’t the side of CONCORD I find any reason to distrust.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see the ‘summary execution’ part of it as ‘why I’d mistrust them’, though it’s definitely a wrinkle on top of the ‘demonstrating secret technology that could seriously explode the balance of power more or less everywhere that appears to violate their own tech-sharing directives’.

It’s more that second bit. Also, it’s fulla people, and I just don’t trust people, as a rule.

3 Likes

Uh-- another very small quibble? It seems like a “mob” is normally made up of ordinary citizens as its components, and those citizens aren’t usually individually very violent. Also it usually isn’t operating under color of law. So I’m not sure “mob” is quite the term for even the most disorganized swarm of heavily-armed warships flown by usually fairly bloodthirsty quasi-sovereign petty warlords operating with official CONCORD sanction.

“Horde,” maybe? “Blob” is traditional, but also doesn’t seem to fit too well.

… could be we need our own collective noun, like a “murder” of crows.

A slaughter of eggers? A killing?

An omelette?

4 Likes

Eh, I think a lot of the people there were about as ‘normal’ and ‘ordinary’ as you get among capsuleers, and if someone had been handing out torches and pitchforks they could load into their weapons, you bet they’d have used 'em!

But I do like the idea of ‘An Omelette of Eggers’… or maybe ‘A Whipping’? A (mixing) Bowl?

1 Like

It’s actually also as part of the “eggers” theme that I suggested “a scramble.”

Edit:

Uh. Elsewhere. I belatedly realize.

Further edit:

Torches and pitchforks might have been loaded into weapons capable of firing them for comedic value, but, really, they don’t really compete with antimatter for destructive potential, so. . . .

We might sometimes act a little like it but we’re really pretty definitely not, like, peasantry. The closest analogy would be maybe like mercenary heavy cavalry? I realize a naval privateer might be more obviously comparable, but really a metal-clad mounted soldier might fit the “It looks almost like a fair fight. It isn’t, even a little bit,” quality the best.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.