Skill Point Farmers

First dump as many points as you want into Planetary Interaction. If you want your skillfarm to do PI for some extra income, this is worthwhile. Essential skills are Command Center Upgrades and Interplanetary Consolidation, which both are CHA/INT skills. Other useful skills are Planetology and Advanced Planetology, which are INT/MEM. So a remap with points going to INT and CHA would be beneficial.

After that, grab a few ranks of useful piloting skills. Gallente Industrial to fly an Epithal (if you start as Gallente, this skill is free) and whatever basic piloting/fitting skills you deem necessary, purely as a QoL thing to make flying around the Epithal faster. No need to remap for this, as it’ll just be 1 or 2 ranks of each skill.

Once the character is set for PI, it really doesn’t matter what you put skillpoints in as you won’t be using those skills. Find a set of skills with the same primary / secondary attribute. A good category is Spaceship Command. Many skills there use Perception/Willpower. So remap for those stats and just queue up a boatload of ship skills. When you get close to 5M SP, find some skills you have at low rank to fill up the bar to exactly 5M. Once you hit 5M, just keep training the same type of skills, ideally high ranks so you don’t have to queue up so many.

Get perception/willpower implants to increase the rate of learning.

A good idea would be to train first Cybernetics to V to allow for +5 implants to maximise SP/hr. After that you are free to chose which stats you want to maximise - a good choice would be intelligence and memory with a perfect remap (maximum points in Intelligence, rest in memory).

With this you can train skills in scanning and industry as they can help to supplement your SP farm with blueprint research/copying for sales, or using the character for manufacturing items/reactions. Scanning skills are useful if you want to sell the character off later or use it as a scanning alt. You can also train a lot of the core ‘magic 14’ skills with an Intelligence/Memory map to further enhance the usefulness of your character down the line.

o/
Yeah, this thread convinced me to make a video on SP Farms, which I expanded into a series on everything Skill Point related. Anyway, here’s the link if you’re interested. Skill Injector & SP Farm Guide

why dont you guys buy skill injectors and mcpt with PI profits ive been doing this all year and i have full profits after one investment / ACC . and it only takes me 20 minutes to finish it and i only use 5 accs or so

I sort of do, but there is a lot of :effort: involved with 100+ accounts

Hello, can you explain what you mean by this? What is MCPT? And what do you mean by “full profits?”

Sorry i am new. I was thinking to try Planetary Interaction but I have no idea how it works.

Welcome Lyssandra!

MCPT is a Multiple Pilot Trainin Certificate, which allows you to train skills on your second or third Omega character on the same account. Normally only one character can be training at a time on one account, but with these certificates (which are pretty expensive) you can train more than one at once.

‘Full profits’ probably means he got his investment back and is now getting more ISK from whatever he set up than the amount of ISK he put in initially.

If you want to try planetary interaction, get some of the skills to 4 on your charcter and see if you like setting up planets and getting free stuff from those planets. It will require some planning and a lot of clicking, but once set up, PI is a decent source of income.

Once you know how PI works and decide you want to put more work in it, it would be a good idea to train your second and third character on your omega account as well to be able to do PI. You can do this one by one (because you can only train one character at the same time by default) or train those PI skills all at the same time with MCPT. Once you’ve got the skills, you will have three PI characters for 15 or 18 planets, which is plenty.

Look up some PI guides and see if it’s something for you!

On topic of the skill point farmers, I expect skill point farming to be unprofitable in the long run.
It can be really useful to keep a secondary or tertiary account running for (for example) half price by skillpoint farming those accounts to make up for half the cost of keeping those accounts omega. It doesn’t matter in that case that skillpoint farming doesn’t cover the entire cost of plexing the account, a small or big loss would still be preferable over paying full price for those accounts. If enough people are willing to do that for their cloaky alts, PI alts and other stuff, skillpoint farms that are created purely for skillpoint farming will never be profitable.

At current prices, SP farms are becoming unprofitable. Ymmv

2 Likes

yes i agree

i saw a YT video on this subjec the other week so decided to give it a go. I made a big mistake on not researching it first and doing the math.

I only have one alt account with 1 char training so i wont be loosing billions, but i will be, if i buy the 500 plex to keep the account open, loosing about 70m isk.

so, as much as i am loosing, i will keep the account open by the subscription process and just use it for extra isk income for my main account and use this second account to multibox (as well as extract skills), that i need to look into how to do.

that’s not SP farming : that’s keeping an alt omega.

You buy the alt that got all the skills needed. On the same account you buy a toon on the limit of SP to extract. You keep the second in Jita, it will serve as sp extraction. And now you play the useful alt for its role, and the Jita one for SP extraction.

You can also keep somewhat useful skills on the two alts, like research skills, have the 5 reserach agent for datacores, etc.

dont understand any of that…noobie i am

You have one account, on which you have a useful alt.
That account needs 500 plex/month to be omega (cyno, rorqual, etc.).
If you have all the skills you need, then there is no need to keep training that account.

However that account may be in WH/NS, and may be using specific implants or not worth keeping +5 on it.
So you don’t train skills on that alt. Instead you have another alt on the same account, that has +5 implants, keeps training skills, stay in jita, and you just log in to extract the SP from it.

This way you do what you want with the main character, and it costs youonly 70M per month instead of 500 plexes.

Well it depends on how you play. If your goal is to use no real money and pay for your account or accounts with SP farming, then yes I agree.

I used to run 3 accounts that I paid for. Once 2 of the accounts were done skill training they became SP farmers along with my other uses for them. Plenty of profits to be had still with that system.

Just did the math on it, the guy has 143 accounts in his SP farm.

Not entirely sure how this is worth doing? I have trouble justifying being on even a few hours a day. Playing that much depresses me. I get a lot of this is out-side of game (API) but still…lots of management.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.