Skill Training

Go for your first T3 after the first year in eve and no, the skills are long because if you had all of them skills in a short time, you would not enjoy the full range of ships that can be flown in New Eden.

I had raced to Battleships as I really like the Typhoon but never really was able to fit it like I wanted it to be fitted so I decided to drop down to the Rupture and I think I had a good production setup where I skilled into producing them along with the Typhoons.

In the course of 3 months training time though I strongly feel that the skills are set perfectly.
Option A Omega+Implants
Option B Omega+Implants+Master-at Arms Booster
Option C As above + Skill Injectors.

Those 3 options are more than enough, and remember there are at least 1 free skill point boost log on day a year. (so far I seen two and know of a third coming soon)

o7

1 Like

Yup 3 months is about what it takes to get fitting skills and one cruiser + gun
Other games you’d be done leveling by then.

Other games I had played did give you just about everything within the first 3 months and they would also be the same games that I shelved between content releases.

I can’t see the rush to have everything handed to me to even worry about the Skill training times as I had stated in my last about being able to have access to those options we all have.

1 Like

For me it’s no longer an issue really but for the first year skilltraining was the upmost worst thing about EVE.
I, noob, had no idea where even to start so i asked and was told the VNI would be good. So i wasted weeks on drone skills only to figure out that VNI-ratting was mind nummingly boring af. Next i trained Mining Barge since people were mining - at least that one was kind of worth it after i figured out that Procurers make nice bait.
I watched some stuff on Youtube and decided the Svipul would be my first t3d with t2 guns - littel did i know it had already been nerved at that point.
Joined a Nullsec alliance that had a HAM Legion doctrine so i trained that - the day it finished they changed it to Sleipnirs. A lot of things to 3 or 4 and finally i’ve had enough and mapped into INT/MEM to get my tanking and fitting skills done and it made a huge difference.
At the very least they should simply remove fitting Skills alltogether - it’s hard enough for newbros without having to fly crippled fits due to lack of powergrid and cpu.

Currently i am training Minmatar Dread V and it really doesn’t bother me anymore but again, the start was not fun at all…

2 Likes

Or Learning skills… good god no!!!

@Sindrakin Gorion

Very solid points and I guess I am somewhere following behind you.

You know I support the current system and found the year past rather quickly for me where skills I was happy with what I had at the time.

Calling yourself a noob in New Eden made me chuckle as I recall just the other week when I was trying to get my brand new shinny Phoenix through the 0.5 gate to travel to another low sec system.

You do make some very good points, and I stand with you that the really high tier skills like Dread V and other capital skills, or even T2 subcaps, are fine to take longer, the fitting skills especially are a painfully long train, and with newbros flying broken ships due to lack of fitting expertise and CPU/PwrGrd, they’ll have a tough time doing things like solo/small gang pvp, and even some pve.

1 Like

In my opinion, it’s not that difficult to get basic skill training completed, with the 750k and now 1 million SP you get for free just by using a recruitment link, which you can find pretty much anywhere. This amount of SP is much more than enough to get you set up.

1 Like

Rushing to BS and T2 is cancer tho

2 Likes

Done levelling on just started on the massive standings plus dungeon plus raid grind.
Levelling in other games is best compared to skills at IV. Or maybe even at III depending on the game.
At IV skills it’s not 3 months for 1 cruiser plus a gun for it.

V skills are more comparable to raid gear.

There is the issue you are having is you are.comparing the wrong things.

i would sit on the undock with 2 toons shooting each-other with a civie gun and have a boost/repper going

True enough but still wouldn’t take around a month to farm a single piece of gear afterwards, to stick with the analogy.
And fitting skills are still pointless other than unnecesarily wideneing the gap for newcommers.
Besides it also takes a good while to figure out what you’re even doing and how to generate enough wealth to be able to affort ones first pirat cruiser, let alone a blingy one.

I thought about it a littel more and got an idea.
How about allow twice per char (or once per year or some certificate fom the NES) to remap all Skillpoints. Extremely limited option so nothing to exploit but newbros can fix their mistakes and (semi)veterans can try a different route if they desire.

1 Like

But a V skill doesn’t take a month in most cases either. And you get exactly the gear piece you want with no RNG, you often get multiple other gear pieces along side it, and you don’t have to farm it again in 3 months when the new expansion hits…
So yeah, overall a V skill is easier than raid gear.

Well i couldn’t tell from own experience so won’t argue that.
Fives are not necesary for decent performance anyways, exept for those fitting skills ofcourse - Hyperion is my favourite ship but i have not felt the need to get it to 5 jet, it performs just fine as is for pocket defence.

Starting out is nasty, once a good variety of options are unlocked it’s no longer an issue. Taking the bite out of the start would help getting more players to stay - im 100% shure of that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.