Skilling Spree - Event Feedback

i like it, it respects my time.
warp to random belt, kill random frigate, log off.

1 Like

Feedback based on Risk vs Reward

Logged in a character 1.0 system (who has zero combat skills but is a skill point farmer)
Ready to extract. SP as it is at 5,500,000
Noticed the Skilling Spree 1 x NPC = 10,000 SP (Reward)

Decide if I should risk losing high value implants to high sec pvp. (Risk)

Accept level 1 security mission, undock, warp to mission gate.

4 x npc’s at gate, lost corvette to npcs
Warp to dock to obtain a new one.
Warp back, lost ship 2nd time to npcs
Warp back to station.

Decide it is better to just keep the character docked like normal.

Log off character.

2 Likes

Wow… so you mean to tell me a pilot in a corvette attempting to do a L1 security mission without doing anything to improve the ship they have can’t do it?

Do the tutorial then.

just kill a 3k bounty belt rat, problem solved.

Was just for the most basic scenario using one character of many who would never undock for Skill Points.

Just for this feedback, as if it was a active character of someone who uses their character like normal then it would have been setup for combat.

The feedback I wanted to reply is a scenario that is different than normal yet involves a character who never undocks.

My feedback is not a complaint but a risk vs reward scenario.

1 Like

So you mean a character that you’re using that doesn’t actually play the game, just seeks to farm skill points to sell to others, while you bitch about not being able to make skill points off the character that doesn’t play the game?

Entitled much?

2 Likes

Feedback to cover all bases.

Need to be as blunt as possible to express concerns if they one day decide that the only way to obtain free skill points is by undocking and killing npcs.

i.e doing something that any character can do, simply by either completing the tutorial or replaying missions if the tutorial has already been done.

Next?

I strongly feel it would be more rewarding if the npcs dropped the loot at random that could contain a tiny sp injector that could be traded.

This would make it ideal for players to want to go into Nul Sec Blackout and return to ratting on belts.
The rewards should always go to the people willing to put in the time, etc.

Again trying to be as blunt as possible but game play would improve in the areas where they want players to frequent more.

2 Likes

Straight skill points is not a good idea. This cheapens the whole thing. Give us Cerebral Accelerators like you used to. That way it plays into the economy, and has a bit more value to grinding it.

7 Likes

So… stupid question but how to do I view the challenge? Logged in, closed the window on accident but I don’t know how to get back to it

1 Like

CCP for the love of god can you at least make an event that actually requires some effort for the rewards ???
These events are getting more more like a Desperate way to appease someone ??
Make the game great again.
CCP you seem to have the idea that “fixing” things that arent broken will improve the game and bringing out these “in my words” cheap a$$ events. I would rather 1 or 2 events a year but they be great events instead of 20 events that are so similar that it makes you look incompetent or not caring.
I have played this game for almost 16 yrs and i will admit its alot better now than then in gfx etc but please i beg you stop doing stuff that seems cheap.

o7

2 Likes

“Unallocated Skill Points Added” was rng’d the bottom prize offering but upon killing a npc ship I was not even given the SP, or does it instantly apply to whatever is currently training?

UI not very good for this event, also why rng, why do some people get “more” just because a computer somewhere rolled them a 1 instead of a 0?

It’s chance. It’s a part of life and the game. Stop being so entitled. Fairness doesn’t exist. ANYWHERE

Aside from how I feel about SP needs more regulation than being given out for free and purchased outright and how alts ruin the sandbox experience.

The event as an event is great.

All SP is free.

You simply have an account, set a skill queue and you get SP for free (as an Alpha) or an accelerated rate of SP for free as an Omega.

What’s your point?

Skewing derpout PCU failure data with this event is becoming more and more desperate, CCP?

LOL you will never get new players if you change the game every time for “shake up” the things, this game its a sand box and its only been good becuse the masive battles that no other game has, but now with the supid changes that CCP make for “testing” the only thing they are making is lowering the number players, not geting more.

This is a very old game and its not going on forever if they relly want something fresh they should start doing Eve 2.0 a total new game but they live in the past and as i see at this point looks like they want to keep only some part of his player base.

I dunno why people belive this game is full of bots lol it sucks! there is alot of other games that you can sell currency or items with a good market.

Stop bribing us with handouts, just return the local chat to nullsec!!!

3 Likes

What kind of special thought it was a good idea to give every player different amounts of SP for this event, decided entirely by RNG? Do you guys ENJOY angering the playerbase?

7 Likes