Slowing down the decline of EVE

And did that change cure the problem? No. It somehow made things worse.

Perhaps what you think is the problem is not the actual problem.

And perhaps what you think is worse is actually better…

There was people abusing wardecs on people who had no idea what was happening before the last nerf.

Your claim that the last nerf made the wardec worse for new/casual players is pretty absurd.

1 Like

Making it worse depends on your point of view.

Players were making small disposable corps just to harass other corps. Which no doubt lead to the reason you can’t be wardec’d without having an orbital within the corp.

If players set out to harass other players then you can’t expect anything else but change.

Like a lot of things it’s usually the minority that affects the majority.

BTW

50% of the wardecs (for the previous year ?) had been declared by 5 corporations which had a very fair ratio of 102 kill for one loss.

This was BEFORE the nerf. The reality is that wardec were used as a way to harass people who could not defend themselves for a low cost. The reality is that it made people stop connecting to the game.

Stop whining that you can’t harass newbros anymore. Nobody empathizes with the bullies.
“It was better before because I could harass people without them being able to defend themselves”

1 Like

Jumping in onto an pretty well working discussion is rather rude …
… and makes you look desperate.

Generalising, irrational HateSpeech detected.

Don’t let her bother you, Daichi.
She’s here to intentionally distract you.

1 Like

So these players are now going to stick with the game now that they can’t be decced?

Well, where are they?

Erm no.

Ccp nerfed decs because they thought it had an affect on player retention. They saw that corps that were decced generally became inactive.

But the nerf has had no positive affect on player retention or activity. In fact it seemed to have the opposite effect.

You see, players are quitting whether they get decced or not. The price of finding that out was nerfing our content creators.

The only ‘positive’ you can get out of wardec nerf was that a higher proportion of wardecs have kill mails on now…but thats because there are far fewer wardecs. Kills during decs overall hasn’t gone up…in fact I’m more inclined to think it has gone down.

You realise that since the wardec nerf this 50% has increased right?

The big wardec groups merged…

Any ecosystem needs hunters and prey. And weak hunters need weak prey.

2 Likes

They are doing whatever they want to do, which is not Eve because they were harassed out of the game and may not want to give the game any more chance.

Source ?

Also you realize I was talking about harassment and as such the important part is the 102 per one kill ratio ?

Nope. An ecosystem needs a balance in the hunters and the preys. Hunters who abuse killing the preys need to die from starvation.

1 Like

nope, they quit, they refused to learn, they refused to adapt. they didn’t want the challange.

a balance ? hahahahaha will ya feck off :sweat_smile: what’s stopping all these prey banding together and dealing with the hunters, or bullies as you call them :roll_eyes: oh no, they want CCP to deal with the hunters for them and give them a nice safe place to grind away without threat, well yall got ya high sec safety net now, no orbital, no war dec, all is good, yall can jump in orcas and afk mine till there is enough ore in your home station to build everything you’ll ever need in the game.

just one issue, it’s fecking boring :expressionless:

And the new players from the last 11 months? Why aren’t they sticking around? Far fewer of them are facing war decs than previous years now that thousands of corps can’t be decced now…so where are they?

Are they joining corps with structures and still not understanding whats going on?

Black pedro has been tracking it for a while.

Lol what?

Let me get this straight. You’re now saying that having a high kill/death ratio means you are harassing players?

So if enemy miners move in on my turf, I’m only allowed to dec them and it not be considered harassment if i let them kill me a few times? Otherwise the ‘moral’ thing to do is let them go unfettered?

Is this a joke? Are you that daft?

Do null-sec hunters players harass rorquals? Should they be nerfed?

Just because a target doesn’t fight back does not mean it should be left alone. This very notion is destructive to an eco-system.

The first part is right. But you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. The game is so overly farmed by pve players, not the hunters, that the economy has gone to ■■■■ and now drastic measures like a black out was tried and even replacement hunters have been introduced in the form of trigs because the game is so FUBARed for hunters.

Yeah the hunters are starving. But not from over hunting. But from the game keepers having tied them up.

Get a grip man.

1 Like

That’s the result of being harassed. Thank you for saying “nope but yes”
And yes they accepted to adapt. By leaving.

Just because you have no clue of it does not mean it does not exist.

Still more fun than not connecting because you know you can’t do anything.

so : source ?
I don’t even say that what you say makes sense or not (though I already told why it does not). All I say is, it’s not sourced.

No, only in this context. Everything else that you assume by putting it out of context is BS.

keep your insults for your friends.

Most of the resources come from null sec and most of the wardecs come from high sec. Your argument makes literally zero sense.

Which is the result of their over hunting, AKA harassment.

You guys are so easy to derail and troll.

2 Likes

total and utter bollox, played in highsec for years, had many wars, never felt harrased. it’s a feckin game.

you make zero sense, you claim people left because of being harrased, yet claim there is a high sec alliance to deal with those that harras players.

yea cuz we all know winning EVE is to quit. feck off :rofl:

ya think, i mean how else can ya shoot people in high sec beyond ganking them and then it’s back to being harrased again :roll_eyes:
EVE is a PVP game with PVE elements. you don’t seem to get this.

enough with the harrasement bollox, it’s a game. if ya can’t handle a PVP game then perhaps you shouldn’t play it, just saying :face_with_monocle:

So what ? You mean the people who left after they were ganked in a wardec did not feel harassed ? You mean the people who are making a 102 v 1 kill ratio are not trying to harass ? Both are BS.

what ?

Well when people leave the game you can’t kill them anyhow, so how is that a matter ?
Eve is a PVE game with PVP everywhere, you don’t seem to get this.

It’s not PVP when one side has a 100 to 1 ratio of kills. It’s persistent bullying, AKA harassment.

Can only find the link to a previous version of the graph pedro showed unfortunately.

But we all know all the major wardec groups merged into pirat earlier this year as a result of the change.

Well in that case it’s fine…:roll_eyes:

The resources from hi-sec are not insignificant. And the gameplay (or lack of in this case) isn’t either.

So where are all the players now that they aren’t being over hunted and harrassed?

2 Likes

perhaps they felt that way, it doesn’t matter, they where playing a PVP game and those that attacked them did nothing wrong, they where not bullies. just people playing the game that CCP created for them.

exaclty. you’re talking bollox.

lol got ya, vice versa. look up what it means me ole flower :wink:

so one side needs to get good while the other has leet PVP, stop talking to me like i don’t play EVE. ffs :shushing_face:

i care not if you never back down from your nonsense harrasment bullshite, it doesn’t fly.

what you call harrsement everyone else calls PVP.

I really think this kind of HateSpeech and thread disruption needs to go, because in the end people like her keep preventing any form of intelligent discussion and progress with absolute nonsense that doesn’t achieve anything but what she wants: Preventing actual discussion and progress.

Like in this thread, where the two above were doing perfectly fine until that mentally deranged wannabe SJW came along to ■■■■ into the thread, like she always does. She’s worse than Salvos … and you guys are just as bad as she is, because you enable her.

2 Likes

Yeah but at the same time their targets (helpless HS players) became protected by concord, which means their proportional part in wardecs may have changed.

The later does not prevent the former.

So you are making up nonsense in order to show that what I make up nonsense ?
All it shows is, you are making nonsense.

Except all the people who left because of harassment …
It’s not pvp because you can abuse it, on the opposite.

Increase number of capital components required to construct caps exponentially as they proliferate.

1 Like

This plays into the hands of those who already have caps. Big groups like goons will be uncontestable.

Or reduce their power as they proliferate ? I don’t think it’s a good idea, I answer to the issue of making people who already have richer than those who got one after.