So here we go again

Yes I am full of salt right now. I freely admit that and still am going beat this dead horse yet AGAIN. I am what some call a O.G. ( old gamer) from the bad old days of paper and dice. No matter what the game system was there was one rule as a G.M. you never, ever broke. If you make people work their ass’s off for an item or ability you had to live with the end results of your action. If you decide weeks/months later it was a mistake and are going to tell said player, sorry your item is gone/broken or no where as strong as you thought. The next gaming night you will be sitting alone at the table with a bag of chips and nothing to do. Some would call this a developer/quality assurance issue not a player driven one. The player will tell you to your face you just screwed me. This is why nerfing anything is a bad idea. As this applies to Eve? In this that players i.e. customers not only spend time but real money to obtain the ships/skills to put them at the top of the game. I do understand this post will change nothing and my shutting down my 3 omega accounts will not stop change the coming patch. But I do have two question to ask. First does anyone ever look and increase/decrease in player base over changes like this? One final point ,Simply this that the players didn’t crash the mineral/ship markets. CCP did when the awesome idea of allowing moon mining anywhere but nullsec was put into play.Why should anyone go to nullsec right now?? For what? fly a cap ship? no need to fight over sov when you can go under 20 jumps to a nice .5 and make exactly the same amount of isk on 50% less investment in gear and hulls. So my 1 man boycott starts now it’s how paying customers show dissatisfaction with a business. If you agree sound off. if not go ahead and roast me.

4 Likes

Does asking for your stuff count as roasting?

2 Likes

I assume you are referring to something in the April balance changes, and probably the Rorqual changes. It’s hard to tell though since you never get around to saying which nerf actually bothers you.

2 Likes

Can I get some bullet points on what exactly you don’t like, maybe a tl;dr? Because that’s a wall of text.

12 Likes

How can 20 lines be too long?

What happens if you read a book?

Do you have to stop every page for the day because of the overwhelming “wall of text” you have to face?

4 Likes

Sorry, let me be more concise.

Is there a point to the rant, or is it just a rant? Because I’ve seen a ton of rants, and something about looking, walking and acting like a duck springs to mind…

9 Likes

Well said- ‘ISD and CCP don’t care’. Your comments prove it. The Old CCP is Gone, this new fortnight CCP/ ISD is what eve is stuck with. Players need to either just play eve as CCP dish it out or not. Right ! Forget about caring about CCP and the game its just another one in a million.

2 Likes

Prop tip: if you use minmatar slaves to build an ungodly wall of text then do invest a little more in elite slaves; they can build advanced features into your wall like paragraphs and bullet points.

7 Likes

Did I miss a memo? We can fly Rorquals in .5 systems now? Make exactly the same amount of isk? You do know that half of Delve are laughing hard at you right now.

1 Like

@Richard_Cracknuts - Well said! You are 100% correct!
I figure I’ll…probably…hang around the game…for at least a little while, anyway.
So if you felt like contracting me any things you don’t have any use for anymore, that’d be cool.

Why are you quitting exactly?
And why does it bother you so much?
Did CCP lower your RMT income, or why are you so angry?

2 Likes

Excuse me, but the changes, according to the devblog, pretty much go counter the ongoing fortnite-ification. Things were way too safe and way too profitable.

2 Likes

I’ve worked through it. The actual point of the post is condensed in two lines, which are about him believing that nullsec is pointless now. The stated reason is that highsec has moons and it’s actually cheaper and safer grabbing the ore there.

Something like this.

1 Like

can i have your stuff?

I do actually get the OP’s point. It takes a long time to train for Faxes, Carriers, Supers, and Titans and because they were good CCP is going to make them not as good but it still to a long time to train.
I do think that changes are needed however, ships as powerful as supers and titans were once rare so being that powerful wasn’t big a deal. But now its not uncommon to see 30+ titans killing an athanor in lowsec. Without the change its either you are in a super alliance or you just lose your stuff a few weeks after its anchored.
That brutality of how quick you can lose things is one thing that makes Eve an interesting game but its not good for the long term health of the game.
In the end Supers and Titans are still more powerful than everything else. The gap is just going to be closed slightly.

1 Like

OP, you do realize that the moons in .5 and WH’s are not as profitable as null right?? We basically only have one type of moon in .5 where as null has all the flavors.

Did they not have paragraphs when you went to school?

1 man boycott (I did read the last sentence), you’re the only one being impacted by that

2 Likes

Eve-offline tends to indicate the active player numbers has held mostly steady the last 18 months and other metrics which are a bit complicated to go into tends to suggest that people leaving over changes are roughly 1:1 replaced at the moment by fresh people in response to things like Alpha clones and some of the newer ships and ingame events/content.

Going back a bit several big changes have obviously precipitated groups leaving the game especially the response to changes around 2014/15 saw a big hit.

Personally I’m with you on the overall theme of how long established content should be handled, not quite in the fashion you speak of but it definitely needs a defter touch, and despite some being dismissive of it the devs have really screwed up in terms of the way some big changes have been handled have seen a lot of formerly long standing players leave more so than them getting bored, etc. look at some of the notable names and organisations from back around 2009-2015 and so many went inactive within a short space of time approx. 2015 who almost certainly would have otherwise continued with the game.

Was kind of funny as quite a few in my alliance at the time teased me about quitting but within 3 months or so of me stopping around 70% of them also stopped playing the game. And I do miss the game but no way I could justify paying for it with the approach used to changing established mechanics and if I wanted to play for short term reasons and chase flavour of the month, etc. there are games that are both cheaper and less of an investment in time to get the same rewards gaming experience wise.

1 Like

Excuse me, but there are battles in hisec over moon mining in 0.5 systems. It is content that some players enjoy.

1 Like

Sorry, but you’re wrong.

Maintaining a live game for fifteen years is completely different running and pen and paper campaign.

Nerfing and boosting is part of maintaining balance to keep the game’s meta fresh.

12 Likes