So... New engine sound

Any plans on removing that terrible engine sound yet ?

Whoever designed this really should reconsider his career in appropriate sound design.

Because right now I’m having to zoom out just not to have to hear like I’m taking a trip inside an old and rusty lawnmower or encased in a kitchen pan rubbed against the tarmac …

It really does hurt those ears and our senses to tactful and sensible design.

6 Likes

You can turn off the engine sounds.

2 Likes

Completely agree.

Revert this change, its terrible.

I don’t like this clanking engine noise either. It does not sound like a space ship engine but like a breaking apart ICE. I have already turned down the Ship Effects a lot and pretty much the only thing that I now hear at all are the clanking noises of the warp drive. They are ridiculously loud compared to the past.

REDNES

2 Likes

I find the engine sound… eclectic.

In a CGI environment, there is a rule: Visuals are in consonance with sound.
When there are thunders, spark type “explosions”, engine revving when picking speed and idling when stopping, BUT…
There is no engine, no lightning sync, or any Visual FX that your brain can correlate, it’s a fail on that rule. It sounds good but what you hear is not quite visible.

6 Likes

I guess im in the minority, I absolutely love the new sound…

6 Likes

some of the sounds are good

2 Likes

I rather like it as well. A nice crunch to the warp tunnel forming and accelerating into it that is different to just the sound of engines pushing through normal space.

4 Likes

Sry, I do like it. What I meant is some peeps might find it out of sync or wrongly placed as there is no correlation with visuals. I revised my post.

It’s on all engines?? I thought it was only my minmatar ships breaking apart as they initiated warp…

2 Likes

was going to make a joke about how you must be 13 then I looked at your username

1 Like

Was it introduced to make certain things relying on audio cues more difficult?

I just dont get the why.

Awww thats cute, its not hard to check ive been playing over 16 years though is it so crawl back under your rock kid :slight_smile:

lol seems i struck a nerve

2 Likes

I wondered if my sound drivers needed an update when i flew my Miasmos today. I defend CCP a lot for their decisions on game mechanics but frankly this is bad, really bad…

2 Likes

I gave it some time to see if I could get used to it, no point in raging because of change itself, but it’s dumb as hell and feels completely out of place in the EVE universe.

3 Likes

Intern training…

–Speculative Gadget

2 Likes

It sounds like the device is broken, sounds like loose parts are rubbing against each other and are about to fall out my ship.

2 Likes

Seems perfectly fitting minmatar ships. :stuck_out_tongue: :smirk:

3 Likes

The current spat of projectile vomiting in the pod is not appreciated by the maintenance technicians. Stop this assault on the auditory systems of pilots.

On a more serious note, this must be the worst change to EvE audio ever. The level of unpleasantness varies frrom hull to hull, from shattering glass, clanking and worn bearings sounds to downright screeching grinds - reminiscent of fingernails on a blackboard. Make five jumps zoomed in and your mood becomes affected. Make ten jumps and you start swearing loudly, and mistreat your scroll wheel to dampen it down. What’s worse, it affects other noises on grid.

But with all the other out-of-touch plans and ideas that we are witnessing currently, I can’t say I’m surprised. It’s sad that I have come to expect this quality level.

2 Likes