Warp Start Sound

Did they change the warp start sound, because I’ve noticed when I use the Bestower, Tayra, or Iteron Mark V, the warp sound just sounds awful especially when I finish aligning and start warp. It’s to the point I want to mute the game despite the fact that, unlike a lot of players, I generally liked the sound effects of the game especially in PVE. And I noticed this started the day after a patch was made. I asked my corpmates about it and they said they didn’t notice any changes, those ships just sound bad when warping. Is it that I noticed something because I played the game with headsets even when not on comms? Or was this just because I just started using those three ships (I usually moved small stuff in a destroyer and bulk stuff in Sigils, but I needed to move packaged ships) all on the same day and it’s not that they chagned anything, this is just how these ships sound.

2 Likes

What I do is turn off the EVE sound and play the Diablo2 OST or the Blade Runner 2049 - Futuristic Psybient, Psychill, Downtempo Mix.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I noticed it last night. There’s definitely a scraping, nails-on-a-chalkboard quality to the warp sound that wasn’t there before. I had to turn off ship ambient noise, I think it was, to make it go away. You’ll still get the wind rushing sound effect, but that horrible sound will go away.

It’s not exclusive to those ships, either. It happened with my Miasmos and Covetor, too.

1 Like

So you saw an unreadable thread without formatting by someone else and went “lol I’ll do the same this time”.

2 Likes

I didn’t read anyone else’s thread, I was just asking if the warp sound always sounded this bad or if it is related to the patch

1 Like

I’m sure, because normally your formatting is fine. Just not this time right? Also, you asked the same question yesterday and it’s not like there’s no official thread with people talking about it.

No that thread was about the patch in general, this is about the sound specifically

1 Like

Yeah like you did yesterday, in the official thread and with normal formatting.

I personally like the new warp start sound my self. But just my taste. I usually have music going when playing eve and also if your zoomed out you can’t hear the sound anyways.

Yeah new warp sound is pretty good i reckon. It could do with being better synced to the animation though.

1 Like

ccp this is not the star wars pod sound you are looking for.

1 Like

Please use the official thread about this, or file a bug report. Thank you.

Closed.

1 Like