After todays update sound stutters while warping to the gates

I’ve notice that warping to some gates (not all) sound stutters for few milliseconds. Haven’t had this issue before so I assume some small bug sneaked in with update.

Pardon my English.

2 Likes

Hi !

I have the same problem ! when the warp animation starts, the game crashes my sound card.
But if I turn off the sound in the game options, I have no more crash.

the problem has appeared since the update.

i also lose sound frequently after this new update, all sound, after doing various things, was losing it on sisi for a couple of days like that, now its on live -- i run windows vista64 on a very old laptop. eve is one of the only games it plays well >< all drivers and such are updated to the latest *for this hardware. its definately in this patch. as it didnt have trouble on live, just on test. now both :frowning:

Snap.
Resetting the sound on eve (turning on and off) sometimes brings back the sound, However, the sound drops out on the whole system which disrupts all communications also, making teamwork unplayable unless all ambient sounds are turned off.
Really would appreciate some feedback and a workaround or patch please, as this is highly restricting at present.

1 Like

Same issue here when entering warp but its a bit of a more distorted loud “clack/bang” sound, really not the normal smooth sound and actually really hurts my ears.

Turning down the sound does nothing as it still happens as if the sound was full volume.

Sounds more like it’s an audio pop peaking too high. And yeah, volume doesn’t seem to affect it.

Logged into a different account and have not had further issues, so far. All’s good.

Same(ish) issue here. A loud POP in the speakers every time right after my ship hits warp speed.

Edit: Started happening after this patch.

Having this issue as well. I tried changing the settings to DX9… same problem. Its a popping that sounds like a mic is being plugged into an amplifier thats turned on. Then the audio dies globally. I have to stop and then restart the windows audio service to get sound back.

Its happening randomly and frequently (once a minute or so) whenever i perform an action like initiate warp, close my wallet or any other window for that matter.

It is really unpleasant (at least to me). I have to turn the sound off while playing. I really hope this gets fixed fast.

I have the same issue. New patch completely disables my sound card. Even TS was not working. Every sound in WIndows and Eve. What the hell did you do CCP that you can disable sound card on all levels even in WIn and other applications when playing EVE ? Quite nice big hack you got there with this new patch.

… EVE has sound?

1 Like

deleted

Same problem +1

Same problem here, hope CCP will do something about it, and soon…

Same crackling sounds here, appears on charged grid, on warp out / landing, and while zooming/dezooming.

Same issues was already appears on ancient patch around 2012-13 if i remember…

CPU over-usage probably.

My config : phenom X6 1100T / 8GB Ram / HD7970 3GB / SSD drive / onboard SPDIF optic audio

Ya, apparently it makes a loud popping sound when you warp!

2 Likes

Not the only one. Same thing here.

Yep - same. It’s not as bad as others here like wallet-opening etc but when I enter and come out of warp, it pops like an audio jack popped out of the socket. Tres annoying on a 30-leap round trip…fix please.

For a first time yesterday my game completely crushed two times. After that I gave up. When that happens, game screen is frozen and dound is flickering in background. I hop todays patch will fix that.