After todays update sound stutters while warping to the gates

Popping sound here as well, but only when warping. At least I was able to suppress it by sliding Advanced Audio Settings - Atmosphere down to 0.

4 Likes

The sound does not go away if you move the camera away. Waiting fix.

Good work around for now, cheers o7

Turning Atmosphere down to 0 fixed it (so far) for me. Thanks!

thanks Shochu Kampai :slight_smile:

did not help the
atmosphere “0”, temporarily helps to turn off the sound without exiting
…, completely turned off the sound :frowning:
W7, I5, ram24. SSD, R9 270

You can also turn the sound off and on again. It is still very annoying and has been for the last 4 weeks.

helped - atmosphere 0, … and restart client+launcher …
no problem - for sound - 3-4h tested :slight_smile:

* but again - they will make a patch … and again something will be broken :skull_and_crossbones:

Same here. I gave “fix” to support already so my suspect fix at today downtime or any soon.

SAME ISSUE - Soundcard crash when warping since last patch

Bravo CCP , very impressive…

-_-

Also hearing the warp-pop, though thankfully not experiencing other audio issues (yet).

This is such a relief that it’s not my speakers dying!. I really did think something was wrong with my separate amplifier/speaker setup.

Phew, anyway, yes, highly irritating sound! Warping around stargates/stations but strangely not acceleration gates or warping about a star system normally, does not create this annoying speaker popping.

Turning atmosphere down to 0 is a good workaround, I don’t have the issue anymore, thank’s whoever suggested that but I hope a fix (If CCP are aware) comes soon. I have this great high quality setup and I can’t enjoy EvE to the fullest at the moment =(

Sound just disappears. It happened several times the last 30 mins. Helped to disable and enable audio this time.

Sound doesn’t just disappear, pop, etc. It kills sounds on your ENTIRE computer. From what I’ve read, this bug was reported multiple times over the last 4 weeks and somehow made it to live. It’s also not the first time this has happened. I found posts as far back as 2009.

Really CCP? 9 years later you still haven’t figured out how to prevent this from happening?

Read Patch Notes next time you start complaining…

How to fix it? https://youtu.be/A27eV-lohCQ mute and restart the client / turn off the atmosphere and restart the client / check the cache does not help

No idea. And since there is more sound errors than “atmosphere” one wee need to wait for devs response.

Since I (and probable some other players) found atmosphere fix this one is only related to first seconds of warp near gates and some others items (didn’t tested it more). But bugs as shown in video don’t appear on my computer I can’t help in finding solution or what cause them.

It’s also important to mention that sound problems are caused by middleware used for sound in EVE and if I understand it correctly this part of eve software can be maintained by external company (developers) not connected to actual CCP staff.

But this are only my guesses based on available information form my support tickets and own software knowledge. Any more support in that case is out of my reach since can’t reproduce more bugs on my own.

Ps. Sorry for terrible english.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.