So ... what's the point in Exploration?

sounds like you just need to git gud

1 Like

Get blown up by a mine because you don’t understand

No mystery, no puzzle.

Have you found a Sleeper Cache yet?

Sounds like you were following behind somebody. When I explore in null its either sites everywhere and tons of loot or few to nothing. That’s when you know somebody already went through. Also 20 systems is rookie numbers you gotta get those numbers up or whatever the quote is from that one movie with the guy in it.

1 Like

AAhh exploration in eve where the point is to discover the same things over and over again…

It’s more like “treasure hunting” - it’d be kind of impossible to introduce real exploration in the game without getting into the mess of procedural generation and that eventually gets old too. But “exploration” is still a good entry point to exploring New Eden and its many landmarks - there’s a lot to see out there.

2 Likes

Because once you become efficient with it, you can make billions in a 20m ISK ship.

1 Like

Go to Stain. Sometimes you’ll find 3 sites in 10 systems. At other times, you can go through 30 without a single relic.

I can’t verify anything officially. This has been my experience so far though. I do WH gas huffin, so I scan quite a bit. The other day I scanned 5-6 systems down and found 2 Data sites and 1 relic site. Found a few WH’s and in one I found 12 other WH’s and not a single Gas site, Relic site, or Data site. Thought that was weird. Don’t know if that helps, but from what I can tell it is possible to scan for quite a while and just get unlucky as all hell.

Back when the explo thing really kicked off around 2015 I did a bit of it with Signal Cartel and had no issue finding sites. Payout was reasonably good and if you had a lucky day you could bring home really substantial hauls.

Decided to try it again I think either 2021 or 2022 and was surprised at how difficult it was to find a site. Can’t really comment on whether payout has changed for obvious reasons… hard to test when you can barely find sites.

I don’t know what the reason is for this difference, but there definitely IS a difference and personally in this state it’s not an activity I’d bother with or recommend to anyone else.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.