Null sec exploration is hot garbage!

So I recently flew from genesis to cobalt edge (or some such). Over 50 jumps through null and running over a dozen bubble camps in my astero. I found mostly 1 and in no case more than 2 cosmic sigs in any system. No data or relic sites at all. I’ve also spent 2 days (as of today) in WH space and have yet to find a faction data or relic site. What gives? Are they being run so hard that they are practically non existant?

3 Likes

What kind of wormhole did you explore? Only c1 through c3 space contains data/relic sites of faction variety, unless you find a shattered hole; those have sansha sites usually.

1 Like

Yeah dude, been through almost 20 C1-C3’s and nothing. Getting very discouraged. The only isk I made was diping into low sec systems and finding sites there. 16 mil so far. Pretty piss poor.

1 Like

That’s unusual, I usually find 3 or 4 sites per day. Maybe dive through more high sec holes and explore that way.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to give it 2 weeks and see. My toon can’t enter most high sec systems though. Almost lost my astero to concord splashing a high sec hole…lol

1 Like

But even dipping into null today 3 sigs was the most I found and the WH i came through was one.

1 Like

That’s really weird, my static c3 usually has 5+ sigs to sort through, with only 1 or 2 being a wormhole, the rest being gas or relic/data.

2 Likes

When exploring in nullsec regions, are you trying to do exploration in systems that are generally heavily populated, or have a large nullsec alliance presence nearby?

My recommendation is to find the systems that are usually rented out to renter alliances. Most of those people are generally risk averse and will often be running Combat Anomalies and leave Cosmic Signatures alone.

I had some very good results doing some exploration in Vale of the Silent and Tribute. I think it’s supposed to be some rental region, so there really aren’t that many people going around doing exploration in those systems. Plus, many of the renters are afraid of neutrals, so when I show up in system, they all dock up and hide (I guess it’s because they think I’m out to hunt their VNIs and such), giving me free access to all of their Cosmic Signatures.

7 Likes

Wow. Ok, like I said I’ll give it 2 weeks but for the amount of scanning I’m doing, jeez louise!

2 Likes

You’ll find something, just stay positive and have fun!

2 Likes

Well like I said, went through cobalt edge??? Definitely cobalt something or other. From the heat maps it seems most of null is occupied. Idk, maybe I’m misinterpreting the map.

1 Like

But literally one or two sigs through that whole region. It was depressing.

1 Like

That’s why I tend to scan in wormholes almost exclusively. I’ve been doing it more in lowsec and out in some null areas, but I try to find the ones with low activity.

Edit: then I get cheated when most of them are gas sites

2 Likes

Thats the only isk I’ve made is dipping into low sec from a WH and running those sites

1 Like

I’d recommend checking out other regions. Maybe you just had a rough time and got unlucky. I usually find Vale, Tribute, and Venal to be fairly good places. Period Basis is also a pretty good place. The same for super far dead-end regions like Omist.

Look for a Thera connection to various regions to make travel very easy since you can dodge most of the bubble camps on gates that usually occur around the entrance systems into a region.

3 Likes

Don’t get me started on thera…lol! Scanned 19 WH and only one C 1-3 which was the one I came from. Lol! Scanned 28 sigs in total in thera and not ONE faction data or relic…

1 Like

Thera is not supposed to be a wormhole you do exploration in. Treat it more as a highway. The idea of Thera is that it constantly spawns a variety of wormholes that go all over New Eden, so you can use it as a sort of wormhole highway to get from one region to another very quickly.

Don’t expect to do any exploration inside Thera, that’s not the purpose of Thera.

3 Likes

I don’t worry too much about bubble camps, I just take a deep breath, look for the shortest way out of the bubble, decloak pulse MWD then quick warp to a random planet. Even when the luckiest inty decloaked me I was already .warping

1 Like

I was just surprised so many sigs and nothing. But it’s way too busy for me to run explo in. But yeah, within 2 hours there were 3 new sigs.

1 Like

EVE Scout actually maintains a very useful website the records the various connections in and from Thera.

https://www.eve-scout.com/thera/map/

As of this writing, there’s is 1 connection to Thera in the region of Fade (top left of the map). If you mouse over it, it’ll tell you which system that connection is located. It also tells you additional information.

For example, if you are inside Thera, and want to use that connection to pop out into Fade, you want to look for the Cosmic Signature that starts with GFB. If you’re in Fade and looking to get into Thera, look for the signature that starts with CDM.

Learn to use this site well, it’s kept updated by a bunch of EVE-Scout duders going around and recording the various connections. This is what I use when I’m, say, stuck in highsec and want to quickly find some content, I’ll look for the nearest Thera connection, hop through, scan down the destination exit that I want to go to, and be ready to rock in just under 5 minutes or so.

3 Likes