So you want to get into roleplay?

Thank you! <3

2 Likes

I appreciate the time it takes in explaining to new Players about RP mechanics who may be potentially interested in such a venture.

I enjoy Role-Playing, and plan on learning as much as possible in both lore and game mechanics first.

RP can be a very richly rewarding experience, and it is what drives the Story forward.

I’ll be sure to sharpen my skills a bit as I haven’t had a good RP session in a long time.

4 Likes

In addition to the general RPers Discord, there are now public RPers Discords for all the four major factions + one for pirates of EVE:

7 Likes

@ISD_Buldath

Sorry to ping, but the original post is locked so I cannot edit it, and I cannot use the flag to request re-opening, since I’ve already done that once before and it does not show me the flag option now, only “you flagged this post of moderation”.

Is it possible to just leave it open for edits permanently?

@Elsebeth_Rhiannon I am assuming this thread?

Yes? I can post to the thread but I cannot edit the OP.

EDIT: seems to have been fixed, thanks. The above channels post link added to the original.

Added:

CCP has also gotten back to the habit of running some events in the game with CCP event NPC actor characters and the new “diamond” AI NPC ships. There’s usually no particular announcement of these, but they can happen as part of world news or as response to player-organized events. Sometimes, but not nearly always, CCP streams them on their Twitch.

3 Likes

Are there current roleplay corps out there? I don’t necessarily want to leave my corp, but I do want to connect with other rp focused players.

1 Like

there aree many, some more Centric than others. My own as an example being fairly RP-lite, though I encourage my members to engage in RP when possible. Some are much more specific and have it as required. It varies a lot

1 Like

Is there a list of current RP corps anywhere? Like Magdiel Hope, I don’t want to leave the corp I’m in, but it would be nice to connect with other players who are interested in RP.

1 Like

there’s a bit of one in the roleplay is primary discord in the corp ad/lfg section, but off the top of my head, look at alliances like United Neopian Federation(shameless plugging here), Electus Matari, Ushra’Khan, PIE, LUMEN, I-RED, and I-BLU. there are a great many more of course

NADSC for Feds. In nullsec, at least Brave has an RP SIG (probably others do too, but I am only aware of the Brave one atm).

Here is my topic.
So, I want to create a role-playing corporation.
If you know Caldari history well, please respond and help me make interesting content.

Edited the OP to link to the new and awesome lore portal at https://universe.eveonline.com/ - No more paywalls! Actually working search function! O kids these days you don’t know how easy you got it.

6 Likes

Years ago I applied to Electus Matari, but nobody ever answered. I sent messages to two of their recruitment people. Oh well. I love the corp I’m in now, but it would be nice if finding RP corps wasn’t so difficult.

2 Likes

I’m guessing there are no role play corps around anymore.

I have followed some of the channels I’ve seen recommended - The Summit, for example - and there seems to be RP active within one or two of them.

Is that the main way people RP in-game?

And then the forums for IC discussions, fiction, lore etc?

Playing the game consistent with your character is perhaps the most common way to roleplay! For example, an Amarr loyal alliance might fly in amarr space, sell/buy goods in the Amarr hub, do amarr oriented missions, enlist in amarr faction warfare, take the amarr side (or at least a side beneficial to amarr?) in agency events, and otherwise try to do things that support the empire.

Others like to write about their characters/eve (see eve fiction in this forums).

Others also like more interactive chat roleplay, such as in Summit, or the IGS forums.

4 Likes

Thanks, Lunarisse. Great summary there. Are there any other active in-game channels that you know of?

Quite honestly, the summit or intergalactic summit is the best given they are community wide although its activity varies. Most other channel roleplays tend to be “planned” or “scheduled”. Because my alliance roleplays through space, our “local” chatter can be part of the roleplay too.

There is a discord for roleplayers, but its out of character:Roleplay is Primary

2 Likes

The summit (No one is in IGS) is really a great channel to start in, listen into and get a feel for the atmosphere without any commitment.
Yes, activity varies, but you can always elicit response from someone, if you really want to.