[SoERR][EM] Changes in status and services

Quite. While there certainly are places where those things do happen, Thebeka isn’t one of them. Its lords take their duties seriously, and while I can’t deny that some things were harmful, it was far from the awfulness you see in other places. It’s the last place I would have expected a rebellion. What’s going on here is instead evidence that even in the best places, with the best treatment, discontentment can still happen.

Of course, I can’t speak for Alkabsi or any of the other planets that had suffered uprisings. And certainly Kahah, the slave market Nauplius was using to actually buy slaves for his mass murders. People there were dying in the millions even before the Khanid massacres.

2 Likes

Evidence that when people are chemically whipped into a frenzy by bloodthirsty cultists, then taken advantage of by equally bloodthirsty capsuleer groups, they will do what they are told. They will fight, even if it is against their best interests, their health, or their caring masters. Being content doesn’t matter when you’re being lied to and told that you have to fight for your lives or be crushed.

The only thing achieved by the rebellions here is to show that where the Amarr would have chosen to peacefully end this quickly, minmatar loyalists would choose to remove the peaceful option.
Certainly, when minmatar loyalists smell blood they will find a way to spill as much of it as possible, on any side. Then try and lay the blame at Amarrian feet.

3 Likes

With respect, the only peaceful option here would be peaceful for your own, they would still face the repercussions of what has happened which seem to be far from peaceful.

If you wanted to end it peacefully, all you ever had to do was stand aside and let them go. Wouldn’t cost you a dime, we’d cover every transport, provision, meal, medication, treatment, fuel and so on.

You could have had peace the very same day the Deathglow wore off. That very day.

That slaughter was instead the tool of choice does not speak ill of those who fought for freedom, but of those who would rather kill them than allow it.

3 Likes

Well, I can’t speak for what EM or the other Minmatar are doing (as I am not a ‘Minmatar loyalist’), but I can tell you: I am not telling anyone to do anything, or taking advantage of anyone. What is going on down there, is happening because the people down there feel it is necessary. I’m providing resources and aid, to give them the best possible chance, but the decision to fight is theirs.

2 Likes

Well, let’s be honest. It would cost the local Holders quite a bit, losing slaves. Of course, so does war.

They lost them the moment they rose up. The only question was whether they’d let them go or kill them.

We know what they chose.

2 Likes

So you’re declaring victory and going home?

Well … but you’re not gone yet. There’s plenty of opportunity for the hatch to hit you on the way out.

And maybe there are even some other things we can do.

1 Like

Aww, menacing.

I remind everyone we did not wardec anyone in Thebeka. We did not shoot any citadels. And now, it is not us who prolong and escalate this conflict.

For all their talk of peace, SFRIM have quite the knack for starting wars.

1 Like

Shameless opportunist. You invaded our home. You armed a doomed, Sabik-induced rebellion against the throne of Amarr.

But you left your own home unguarded.

You as good as begged for this, Else.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure their actions are entirely legal, which places them in a notably different category from Electus Matari’s acts of war on Thebeka III.

2 Likes

Correction: LUMEN.

Regardless, you know what our terms are.

2 Likes

Listen, Jenneth, I know you’re inexperienced, but by now you should not be inexperienced enough to think that if you can shoot at something and no one immediately runs over, that means it is “unguarded”.

At least try and make your insults such that they don’t make you look like a complete smacktalking rookie.

Your terms expect us to promise to not fight against third parties while you can give us exactly nothing on what those third parties will do against us. I advice you to stop referring to that nonsense in public unless you want it to be public, and get to us when you can speak for more than LUMEN.

(And LUMEN pretty much is SFRIM at this point, to the extent that people go “who?” if you use the alliance name. Let’s get back to that if the name sticks.)

3 Likes

Sure.

That does not mean they are not stupid.

So … you’d have a point, of course: shield timers are basically just a declaration of possible intent, really. Only, leaving aside totally that your people did in fact try to intercept us and missed (we did admittedly suffer a loss-- me-- to the local pirates) …

Maybe check the fit on that Astrahus?

1 Like

While we are giving advice, maybe not post your intents all over IGS before the show is over?

Hee. Did I say something foolish?

Maybe I’ll take your excellent advice, and say nothing more.

Please sleep very well, Else.

Thank you for your kindness earlier, by the way. It makes this so easy to do.

2 Likes

“Humility; moderation; compassion; curiosity”.

Indeed.

See you in space.

Else

Well, Kathanor speaks of thousands of dead slaves. Meanwhile, above Kahar, slavers murdered two MILLION slaves for funsies. How do we know those slaves weren’t bought in, say, Thebeka?

Because they don’t do that here. Thebeka’s Holders are very conservative about who they sell slaves to, and capsuleers, blooders, and Khanid are not among the clientele.

The ones killed above Kahah were purchased from Kahah. There’s a slave market in the Khanid station in orbit of Kahah that sells directly to capsuleers, which is the station where the fweddit capsuleers docked to stock up their freighters.