Solitude Experience

Im pretty sure this guy confused running in a UNI fleet in the area with general safety.

1 Like

If you want “safe” group play then you would all be better off playing Elite: Dangerous. Unless of course you see operating in Eve as a challenge. The risk makes the game, otherwise what is the point?

some of my IRL friends quited to,three continue strong .
Eve is not for everyone , and as much as we like them some of our IRL friends are a bunch of vulv#s
thats normal

1 Like

This guy has way more alts that you think he has. + his friend YOU LIKE IT and his several alts.

Which is how you find a successfull EVE player lol.

Either way, OP you finally found out what is EVE about. If your friends quit playing after being harassed by him then they weren’t cut for EVE from beginning. Hiding in low population/activity regions krabbing whole day is typical noobs way to play this game. Meaning you are playing it wrong and Bogdan was just so kind to show this to you. You should be thankful to him.

Btw, I didn’t lost a single ship to him in the last year. But then, I was actually krabbing in lowsec parts of Solitude and I played it extra cowardly. I mean, there is no point to be brave if you are in PvE ship and he is going to bring 3 alts anyway, is there? So, if you got wardecced and kept afk mining as always that is on you. And if you were not aware of his neutral spy alts which he uses to scan your location or in recent case of highsec to bump/suicide point you, that is also on you. But you know how it goes, someone elses misery is anothers benefit.

Topic Moved to Crime and Punishment.

~Buldath

I’m happy someone else said it so I didn’t have to.

1 Like

They were playing like typical noobs because thats what they were.

If Nullsec is so safe, why dont new players start out there then?

Ok, but Solitude is known for having more hunters than prey. If they don’t find one in low they go highsec ganking.

Did you try a tankier ship they can’t just gank?

Did you try a tankier ship they can’t just gank?

By shutdown you mean he shot you down once and now you are trying to figure out how to get back at him? Right? This is not just a post to cry about how helpless you are? Right?

And now you are looking to blame someone else for their bad experience other than yourself?

WTF is wrong with people lately that have a hard time playing in Highsec… seriously it’s not that difficult to figure out how you can make yourself an unattractive target. And if you can’t figure it out, why not just ask instead of crying and blaming the other player that bested you?

2 Likes

I’ve recently worked that pocket and surrounding lowsec for a couple of months. Didn’t have any problems, normal precautions only. The route in is dodgy and nearly lost my taxi but once there haven’t seen anything that I wouldn’t expect elsewhere.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Project_Solitude

EveUni have a good set up there and I’m surprised the OP hasn’t used their experience/knowledge to learn how to play safely or at least without significant losses.

My impression is that like many new players the OP and his friends were looking for the safe group play experience, which as we know is pretty elusive in Eve.

1 Like

You can fit a tank and ecm drones.

Tech1 dessies don’t have great sensor str and ecm drones have saved me a few times when ganking was more common.

Or if push comes to shove, move. Eve is a game of dog eat dog. You are not entitled to set-up camp wherever you like. It may be why he started ganking you in the first place. Maybe you’ve moved into his home and started mining his rocks.

If you move (more than a few systems) and he keeps following you around, you’ve got grounds for harassment which ccp don’t allow.

why null is safe?

because the players made a big safety net around their homes in null sec , that includes capital ships 24/7 ready to fight the enemy , big healing ships (faxes) , intel channels that identify the enemy wen he is several jumps away … etc … etc … etc
to have this you will have to join a null sec alliance , each one of them have different rules but the bigger ones have new guys recruitment corps
high sec is "safe " because people has to kill you before concord kill them , but gankers use a lot of high damage ships to circumvent this difficulty in a lot of creative ways , concord is in the game to punish not to protect so most of the time one would be more safe mining under null sec alliance capital ship umbrella than in HS . plus the CODE doesn’t operate un null

why dont new players start out there?

nowadays they practically do . you see lots of clueless noobs in null , because their soft bodies is devoid of the thick carapace that older players have, they enjoy the services and protection of null alliances while they suck the tits of undeserved isk and get fat and rich , unfortunately that pleasure and nutrition come with the cost of the noob soul

His resource is players.

He farms isk by killing players trying to farm in high sec.

I mean that more than explains the 90% or higher failure to retain new players.

Those “new” players heading directly to null are probably alts of more experienced players.

New players simply focus wealth so the more wealthy can take it for no loss on their end.

no, they are really new players , the alliances , get richer and more powerful as more players get richer there , they charge taxes and the number of idiots capable of buying titans and super capital ships is like a E PEN measure of the most bad ass , thats the goons secret (the bigest in the game) , but the person there will have a boss , and will develop few skill that will help them in eve online , on the plus side there is some alliances more focused on PVP that are really fun and can help new players to improve in the game

thats a LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh yeah. They acknowledged it several times in 2019.

Player Retention in this game is below 10% for the first wrek. I wonder why?

just because the devs say something on youtube doesn’t mean its true

im not arguing

But you don’t know if he has a mining set-up. You don’t know why he’s ganking you.

He might just want to make sure you’re not afk.

You think that’s to do with ganking? No. Data showed that players that were ganked tended to stay in the game longer.

All games have a low retention rate. Then add on top of that how eve is a niche game, not designed to provide instant gratification and massively complex.

Getting shot at is way WAY down on the list of reasons as why players quit. The vast majority of that 90% leave before they ever encounter aggression from other players.

If your friends were genuinely interested in the game they’d have stuck around for a bit longer even after getting ganked but it’s more likely they we’re just trying the game out for a bit, weren’t that enthusiastic about what they had seen so far and getting ganked was a natural stopping point. It just sped up what was already going to happen.

Eve isn’t for everyone.

2 Likes

That’s if they even exist, of course…

Sorry, I am being unduly cynical again ?

4 Likes