I’ve been living in wormholes recently, favouring low end C1-2 content and really enjoying it. I started out on a day trip on a single character and now have 5 or 6 characters across multiple accounts in the same hole.
So I’ve gotten OK at scanning down and watching holes whilst I hack away. I’ve had success clearing gas sites and clearing them out.
What I struggle with is mistakes on my end of course along with roamers in powerful ships. T3 cruisers and little groups.
For example I was not careful enough watching a chain and sent my drake through three holes to a HS exit and got caught on the hole by tackle, with only T1 heavy missiles (this is my battleship pve char who is t2 cruise trained for lvl 4’s) but nothing else I was just unable to kill the tackle before another tackle and a drekavac turned up.
I have tried to develop a super cheap and low sp fleet to attempt to, if not to win brawls, to make people move on for easier targets (my alts have low sp, slowly building on them).
I’m sure the following is fairly pointless but here’s what i’ve got due to what I had in the hangar and my alts only having caldari boat and missile skills:
- main is in an astero but has completed tengu training, waiting on building up for isk before buying one as don’t want to feel the loss when I lose it.
- second main (pve battleship pilot) is in a gnosis training t2 hvy missiles and cruisers/battlecruisers
- low sp alt in a moa 3 X damps, 2 X nuts, 2x nosfaru with the intention of stopping the spooling or neuting out an amarr laser boat
- low sp alt in light missile T1 corax
- low sp alt in gas huffer venture
- my porpoise pilot sat in a venture gas huffer atm whilst another alt trains for gas huffing
My core activities are:
- Relic sites
- Clearing gas sites inc. NPC’s as I can’t get far enough from rats to avoid them on the smaller low level gas sites
- Combat sites if all other sigs have been cleared and no relic or gas sites within a couple of holes
I’ve found that I prefer a c2 with c1 or c2 static and low sec static. Holes with null sec statics tend to receive annoying little groups roaming from null, hi sec statics are like a highway.
When the hole is quiet and not full of k162’s I can watch the statics confidently for traffic and zone out if there’s trouble.
What I struggle with is:
- Loan T3 cruiser exploring
- A small gang of 2-3 people (tackle plus dps) coming in the hole and sniffing around for content
- Lack of covert ops on most of my ships
- Moving holes, having to be very careful with slow lumps like the gnosis that can’t covert cloak.
With a small investment of say sub 500m isk, is there a better setup to give me more confidence and control?
I’d love to be able to annoy a T3 cruiser enough to not bother and leave me alone by decloaking a certain lineup of ships or fight off that annoying drekavac plus raptor and tackle.
Am I living in a fantasy world and should just wait for sufficient isk and sp to fly 3 X T3 cruisers or is there another path?
Would.i be better off saving to get my main in a tengu and then the others in asteros for example. Should I avoid combat altogether and just log when there are visitors?
Any thoughts would be welcomed