Solution to reduce highsec ganking

So playing a legitimate and specifically allowed playstyle in the game should get you effectively temp banned (although changing a MAC address is simple to do anyway)?

15 minutes inability to fly a ship in highsec is already sufficient, or are you suggesting something longer?

Why, if you have 1 character that ganks, but then others that do industry, market trading, PI, etc., should all accounts, even those not involved in highsec, be banned?

So a lowsec FW character, that fights for one of the Empires and ends up in negative sec status because of neutrals looking for fights, is prevented from tethering to their own assets, even in the Empire that they are fighting for?

They are doing nothing wrong and not really doing anything criminal, but you want to punish them regardless?

1 Like

:crazy_face:

Letā€™s keep this simple - criminals are part of the game. How would it make sense to prevent them from playing the game for playing it as designed?

Wouldnā€™t it be easier to just turn off crime in the first place?

2 Likes

Youā€™re right. Instead of facing risk of loss they face certainty of loss. Therefore CONCORD should be nerfed to only a 10% chance of spawning when an illegal act of aggression occurs. Then ganking would involve risk instead of certainty.

Lynch mobs would have put an end to that for sure.

So then players should be responsible for putting an end to ganking. Too bad the highsec perma-victims refuse to do anything but whine on the forums.

3 Likes

Something has to give so that you psychopaths[gankers] have risk and are removed from the game. Itā€™s too easy to gank. The OP started with:

This is true!!!

Itā€™s like a turkey shoot. Gankers have free range to steal billions from new players by targeting easy to kill, defenceless targets like freighters at almost zero cost and thereā€™s no way to defend against it.

Itā€™s getting ridiculous.

2 Likes

most of everything you are saying is not a RISK, it is increase in costsā€¦

either you need to flesh the idea out more or just stop cause at this point i do not think you known what you are talking about.

No.

5 characters

The nerfs to mining / drone ratting bots which are used to fund gankers balance out the lack of any attempt to stop gankers at allā€¦ right?

Why would changes to game mechanics be intended to balance out the choice by certain PvE players to become helpless perma-victims and allow suicide ganking to continue without disruption?

1 Like

Same way your nonsense helps permanent helpless no lives who run dozens of accounts rely on the illusion of dominance in Eveā€™s twilight.

1 Like

You know, itā€™s hilarious. In the thread on the removal of AFK drone farming Iā€™m accused of being jealous of the people who can afford multiple accounts, now youā€™re accusing me of being on the side of the multiboxers.

PS: note the complete lack of originality from the farmer in calling gankers ā€œhelplessā€, simply because I used the word to describe farmers like it. Itā€™s obvious nonsense for it to call someone who plays the game by aggressively slaughtering other players and taking their stuff ā€œhelplessā€, but it canā€™t think of anything on its own. This is exactly the sort of intellectual ability (or lack thereof) youā€™d expect from someone focused on farming EVEā€™s easiest and most menial content.

If gankers werenā€™t helpless entitled victim-wannabes they wouldnā€™t be crying 24/7 about high sec and concord and begging for suicide ganking to be easier.

1 Like

Nobody is asking for suicide ganking to be easier.

You yourself recently did so, calling for criminal timers to be cut to 5 mins and for concord response times to be doubled so your precious gankplay could increase in frequency.

1 Like

How to fix it:

#1: realize that this is a PvP sandbox environment

#2: There is an emotional component to losing in a game, learning to cope is key.

#3 The same ingenuity and creativity involved in ganking should be applied to avoid or confront the ganking problem (think of a better way)

#4: CCP is a business, not a non-profit organization. Dont ask them to fix this problem , unless it leads to mass subscription lossā€¦

#5: There is plenty of space, gates, routes not populated by high-sec gankers. Move there. Revisit #1

#6: skilling up, cloaking, cynos, calculating gank cooldowns, running with spotters, or your own corp of ā€œsuicideā€ frigate drivers to protect a mass of freighters coming through etcā€¦ running Blockade Runners etc etcā€¦ Revert back to #3

In summary - suck it up, this isnt a movie where the good guy always wins, losing hurts, but find a strategy to minimize loss or find the happy corner in Eve space where you wont have problems.

<>

1 Like

Oh look someone retyped the same garbage argument gankers have been trying to force down our throats for years, wow, i[m amazed. Instead of lecturing and acting superior, try being a person.

If there hasnā€™t been a mass dropoff in players, how were Serenity and Tranquility combined without a significant increase in overall population?

1 Like

Apples and orangesā€¦ If you canā€™t relate the ganking situation to subscription loss, then your statement is baseless. there are many reasons for people being interested or disinterested in the gameā€¦ CCP most likely would have an idea than anyone here.

LMAO the ā€œtry to be a personā€ statementā€¦ Last i checked, im a human, just like anyone else. The difference between me and you is that I deal with the problem effectively using the tools in the game and not having an emotional response here in the forums.

Anyone can look at my player stats, I dont go around ganking or anything else. I have to traverse many unsavory routes playing the game, and seldom occasion, things dont go my way. Just like life. But you move on, devise better strategies, get better.

You may want someone who leans in your direction in this matter, but I wonā€™t do that. I choose a mature an objective approach.

<>

JFC youā€™re a special kind of clueless. Those suggestions were mocking the anti-gankerā€™s stupid posts, none of them are things I actually want to see.

One and the same. Addict players addicted to ganking result in subscription loss.

1 Like

{citation needed}

You keep making this claim but you have provided no evidence whatsoever that ganking is a net loss in subscription numbers.

Current state of the game. Tranq and Seren combined for a net loss of total players. You ostriching.

Itā€™s also just basic predator vs prey logic. Excess of predtory behavior results in a dip of the prey population, which crashes the overall population of all subspecies.