Solution to the Empire ganking trend

Empire PvP is part of the game, it is not a problem and therefore doesn’t require a solution.

1 Like

True.

‘Assed’ chaps would be the fashion equivalent of dividing by zero.

A have an alt hauler. Geting ganked is part of the job description. Avoinding it is part (most) of the fun. It is impossible to avoid being caught. It will happen, you just have to keep the balance positive your way.

I had plenty of “oh, ■■■■” moments. Got out of most but some went bad.

Join intel channels learn when to avoid dangerous routes or systems, fit ships to be as agile as possible (BR, DST, Ceptors). This is all part of the game. It’s fun.

PS: Never use Leopards to haul stuff. Peeps shoot it first, scan later.

3 Likes

What… Somebody needs to inform serendipity and leto

As a former ganker I can tell you I invested SP in lots of ships, weapons, targeting, navigation etc.

I invested time in researching possible fits of ships commonly use for hauling (industrials, 2s align frigates hulls, cloak ships etc.) and learned their resists, ehp, align time and so on.

Also, invested a LOT of time in identifying traders, their hauling alts, studying their travel patterns, scanning their fits, scanning their bookmarks, their online online time etc.

Also, invested a lot of time on market research to see who & where will haul big value cargo, studied various trading blogs, forums, posts and stuff like that.

So, don`t misinform ppl that ganking is a low effort job with big wins.

In my opinion, the traders are more scums than gankers, by doing very very low buy orders in mission hubs and robe the newbies or buying injectors and plexes in Jita and selling them in Perimeter with a profit. All at ZERO risk!

So, gankers are your risk!

tldr: 1. don`t misinform that ganking is an easy job with big rewards (everyone will do it than)
2. the worst type of players in eve are the traders

2 Likes

Don’t blame traders or anyone for buying something for a lower price. Blame people who sell to us lol

3 Likes
  1. By your logic, don`t blame gankers but the haulers that fly without minimal precautions.
  2. Traders mainly hurt newbies that don’t know where/how to sell their hard earned stuff. Gankers mainly hurt old, greedy and infatuated players that want to solo play in a MMO about blowing up spaceships. So, traders are more scums that gankers.
  3. Buy plex in Jita, move them to vault, autopilot one system, remove them from vault, sell. I asses this job to like 500m/h/1account profit, that`s best in game. Please point out the risks involved.
  1. i dont blame gankers, just pointed out something for you.
  2. i trade items that newbies most probably have not even heard about yet
  3. you clearly havent traded plex + blame ccp for plex vault
1 Like

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work. Act self responsibly or you get your ass handed to you. This is how a society improves. It encourages people to get better. More people being vigilant means less targets for gankers.

Related: Fat shaming works too.

There is an ultra easy technical solution:

Here is the pseudcode to help CCP devs implementing it: (wink wink)
In High-Sec only
If a player’s ship is destroyed by at least one “unauthorized” other player’s ship (meaning no kill right, FW, status,…)
Then mark the wreck and its loot untouchable by anyone except for the prior owner of the blown ship.
THE END.

You can still be ganked , but you only loose your ship and you have time to come back and get your loot.

1 Like

Couldn’t I then deny loot to any of my enemies by shooting my ship with an alt in a rookie ship during a fight?

1 Like

So you want a special snowflake mechanic in highsec that completely removes piracy?

Piracy is a main part of the game, why do you want to remove it?

4 Likes

A technical solution to the trend?

The trend of ganking is down over the last 3 years.

If a technical solution to the trend is needed, it’s one that should increase ganking, not further reduce it.

3 Likes

It’s a marginal case.
My solution is to ease the haulers pain. (high sec only)

1 Like

You still have low and null sec to enjoy your activity :wink:

1 Like

Obviously we don’t share the same agenda :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah that’s ok. I just go from the data. The whole premise of the thread is like many others, not based on validating the view before posting.

3 Likes

TL;DR of the OP

1 Like

You probably don’t even share the same reality.

2 Likes

I’M GONNA MAKE A THREAD
AND I WILL DECLARE SOMETHING A PROBLEM
AND THEN WE WILL TALK ENDLESSLY
UNTIL CCP DOES SOMETHING AGAINST IT

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF IT IS A REAL PROBLEM
IT DOES NOT MATTER IF NO ONE MAKES SENSE
ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT PEOPLE MAKE ENOUGH NOISE

Am I really the only one who understands that we already live in a perpetual 1984 and that it is just the early years?

5 Likes