Solution to the Empire ganking trend

I read that doing that is an exploit.

He does not know what he is talking about. He is just one of “those” guys with an opinion and way too much entitlement, believing his opinion is valid, despite being uninformed ■■■■■■■■.

1. Faction police can not be lured away by an alt.

2. Prepping CONCORD never has been and is not an exploit. There are official words somewhere, though the most reasonable reason is simply that declaring it an exploit would also make it an exploit to deliberately spawn CONCORD in a belt for protection.

3. Gankers do not need to do any of what he said to actually undock and move around in high sec. It gets a bit stressful in 0.9 and 1.0 (if you want to stick around one spot in space, at least), but there is no game mechanic locking anyone out.

1 Like

It is probably just like botting. Overlooked and ignored for the most part.

1 Like

It’s not an exploit.
Like bumping isn’t an exploit…

2 Likes

“Delaying CONCORD response or completely avoiding it.”

“Committing a criminal act and delaying CONCORD response for an extended period of time.”

That is from the EVE website.
Committing a criminal act to draw concord away from where you plan to commit a crime does seem to be an exploit because you are intentionally delaying them.

Have something that says it is not an exploit or are you going to stick with the “nuh uh” defense?

1 Like

It’s been stated many, many times that pre-spawning concord or spawning them in a different area before a gank is not an exploit. It is, however, an exploit to delay concord from killing you by means of mass ejecting drones or ships to distract them. If pre-spawning concord were an exploit, most miners would be banned. In other words, delaying (or speeding up) concord’s initial response time is not an exploit. Delaying your death by concord is…

3 Likes

Ok, go and write multiple petitions. And tell your friends to do the same.

It is not like we repeatedly asked CCP to clarify this in public, they for whatever reason don’t. And I don’t really think it is funny if we are talking about stuff which can cost you the access to the game.

So really, while you are absolutely wrong, they deserve your spam. Go ahead!

1 Like

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/4768719/#post4768719

Another poster may have a more recent response than this, but this forum post did a good job of explaining.

Sure, if we ignore that it has been done since ever, and ignore that you do not care to look for evidence supporting our claim… which exists, btw, and has come up recently … then you, well… then you would be right.

In any case do I have to express my serious concern about how people believe that expressing an uninformed opinion is okay… because it is not. I do not know who raised you to be that way, but really… it is not. It is your responsibility to attempt to figure out if you might be wrong, before you make a claim about something… and in this case, it is something you are not even sure of, so looking for evidence is actually a requirement, because otherwise you make yourself look like a fool !

And by you I actually mean almost everyone around here, except those who are aware of how to properly communicate and think.

But hey… I really do not want to tell you others how to live your lifes! You all just keep on keeping on, without realizing how much damage you are actually doing to yourselves. Most of you probably think that I am just trying to “get at ya” or however you would call it, but no …

… I am not like you. You would do it, because that is how you deal with such situations.

I can not even express how much faith in humanity I have lost since I have started playing this game, because of people like you, who are allowed to create so much toxic ■■■■ out of almost nothing.

In some way it is also fascinating, though, because… you know, to see how people, who would never dare to behave that way in real life, behave in an online forum is just … amazing.

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Going by the wording it seems intended that moving concord away from a gank is an exploit because it delays their arrival.
I never said anything about spawning concord.

“Delaying CONCORD response or completely avoiding it.”

Moving CONCORD away from a gank delays their attack.
Don’t get so mad.

Sure, but that still doesn’t delay CONCORD. They still respond exactly as they were programmed to from the new location.

2 Likes

If I go to jita and gank someone on the perimeter gate concord spawns there, I then go gank someone on the sobaseki gate concord despawns from the perimeter gate and respawns on the sobaseki gate, is it then an exploit for anyone to gank on the perimeter gate? Concord will still spawn in their normal time on the perimeter gate. The concord mechanics limit spawns in a system, if that wasn’t intended I’d think CCP would be able to fix that specifically. Also you could spawn concord wherever you want for protection and that limits play too.

I believe the concord delay issue noted in the exploit notification was a separate problem that has been patched out.

2 Likes

That makes sense.
They should revisit the wording on the known exploit page.

Thanks Chainsaw for bringing facts instead of rage.

1 Like

No, you can still do Globby’s “Superhyperdunking” method of delaying CONCORD if you want to risk a ban. Just eject a Bowhead load or two of shuttles linked to you on grid with a gank target, and CONCORD will be slowed down chewing through them before they get to your real ship when you go criminal.

This still works as far as I am aware, but of course as one who respects the rules I cannot test to confirm that is a fact.

Sigh…

the first spawn takes 6 seconds to arrive , but for that same spawn to travel across the system to the scene of your second crime may take longer , (uni wiki puts it at about 22 seconds) so while you’re not delaying concord from spawning , you are increasing the time it takes for them to arrive on grid and punish your misdeeds …

as for the rhea kill linked , 25 accounts cost about 1.25 bill a day to plex , there’s no profit in a 90 million drop .
but it doesn’t matter , it seems most gankers are in it for giggles and that makes players bitter as space-rich bored vets use them for content …

You would be right, assuming that suicide gankers affect literally everybody out there in highsec, and if there were hundreds of gankers continuously killing random people, day in and day out.

That, though, is not happening.

I think that’s one of those old mechanics that’s been patched out, but also something I haven’t tested in years. Lets just say I’m very skeptical you can delay concord to a 22s response time. the only delay I know of involves sec status, and that’s why most ganks happen in Niarja or Uedama as they are both 0.5 choke points. Last I knew response time maxed out around 15-20s so 22s could be on the very high end of that and inside the normal response time and not have anything to do with being spawned elsewhere.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/CONCORD

~24 seconds~

I’ve experienced a concord response time of 32 seconds in a 0.5 before, and I immediately petitioned it and pasted my logs to the GM.

1 Like

jeeze I’m so fly by the seat of my pants I’d never notice if it was 22 24 or 32 lol

1 Like