Some Cov Ops changes

i’d like to ask for the CSM to take a look at the following changes for the main 4 Covert Ops ships in hopes that it can be added in a proposal somehow:

1. Buzzard:

+5 MW increase in Powergrid
+10m3 cargohold
20m3 dronebay
10 Mbit/s bandwidth

1. Helios:

+10m3 cargohold
25m3 dronebay
15 Mbit/s bandwidth
10% bonus to Scout Drone Thermal damage changed to 10% bonus to Drone hitpoints

1. Anathema:

+10m3 cargohold
25m3 dronebay
10 Mbit/s bandwidth

1. Cheetah:

+10m3 cargohold
20m3 dronebay
10 Mbit/s bandwidth

the changes are mostly oriented to put Cov Ops in a spot more consistent with their T1 counterparts while still being somewhat reduced in performance by their T2 specializations. the Gallente Thermal lock was swapped with a Drone Hitpoints bonus to put the Helios in line with other T2 drone hulls like the Ishkur. the other bonuses are somewhat consistent with other T2 hulls in each empire.

Just to make sure, what are those drones supposed to do when you are cloaked?

They are supposed to be cloak 99% of them whenever you hit ‘undock’. If you would have proposed for the removal of the gun bonuses I would agree.

its the other way around. the dronebay part is included to give them some kind of additive so the weapon bonuses actually can do something meaningfull instead of being skill bonus filler.

How about if we do not add more drones to ships? We do not need more drones in space, we need fewer. Instead give the ships better damage bonuses. Give the Anathema, Buzzard some nice Rocket DPS bonuses so that they can get 100 DPS with their one or 2 rocket launchers. Give the Cheetah some nice AC DPS bonus so that it can get 100 DPS. They also need more PG so that they can fit anything remotely resembling attack gear. I just simulated an Anathema, which cannot even fit 2 rocket launchers, an MWD and 2 BCS without running out of PG, and I still have 3 open mid slots. Not to mention that I have 66 DPS in that ship and no tank.

In short: The current weapon systems on the covert ops ships are fine, the ships just need overall better supporting traits for them and better PG.

we don’t need fewer drones in space, we need more.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.