Something wicked this way comes

I do like removal of afk cloaking, just put cloak probes in and give them super low strength, can only be used to scan down cloaked ships and even with max skills, the best fit and mid-grade virtues still takes min 5-8 mins to scan ships down.

people shouldn’t be able to stay undocked and logged in without the risk of eventually being found given time.

instancing failed because the LP rewards proved pointless. there were hoping new and old would come together, but the new guys are looking to make as mush isk as possible and the old guys are seeing no point in losing isk. CCP apparently used the excuse “They cant balance the rewards because new players wouldn’t know what to do with lots of isk” . this is why I quit being a fan of CCP, cant have an event for new players because apparently they wouldn’t know what to do with isk, meanwhile a 1-2 month old could get into an incursion group that takes starters and make 1b in a day or go farm in nullsec in a vni making a bill or so a day.

2 Likes

I always knew what to do with ISK, SPEND IT. :joy:

1 Like

Heard some people talking about inbuilt cyno beacons coming for citadels … does this qualify?

Sure would be a plus in security, but else IMO a very big QoL improvement, and a step in the direction of reducing gameplay requiring alts.

Well wouldn’t it just replace the POS cyno beacon?

Well well well… I might be wrong, but, we got a candidate: how about allowing players to teleport instantly to any ship in the game?

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci has shared the discovery of a unreleased Chronicle, whose link has been provided to buyers fo the Sariels’ Flames promotional PLEX package:

To not give out spoilers, the chronicle, titled “Mithra’s Gate”, hints at the existence of portable clone vaults small enough to fit on any ship. If implemented into the game, that technology would allow capsuleers to clone jump straight onboard of any ship, even frigates, without requiring stations or capital ships.

I’ve just started thinking of the implications and they’re quite interesting.

4 Likes

Maybe, but IMO not that likely … mobile clone bays are a niche function now with citadels with clone bays all over New Eden. Also I would not attribute it as a “coward’s mechanic”.

1 Like

Yeah I am having a hard time seeing how that is it. I can see perhaps this being a minor issue from the big null group’s perspective, but really what does it add that a clone bay in an Upwell structure doesn’t? I guess if it has no cooldown or something it would change the meta of power projection, but if it behaves as the current clone bay I don’t see how useful that really is. You still have to move the ships and the cooldown prevents abuse, so at least from my perspective you would still need a staging Upwell structure anyway to get everyone shipped in safety. I guess it might save some time by removing the requirement of having your whole fleet move to the staging structure via interceptors, but I am not sure that would qualify as the game-breaking thing that was proposed.

Maybe I am missing something about how such a mechanic could be used/abused. Well, Fanfest is less than three weeks away so perhaps things will be clearer shortly.

Interesting theory though.

"This article comes to us from Aryth, Goonswarm Financial Director, and CSM XI-XII member."

Be very careful of how you read this article.

Especially the repeated references to CSM unanimity (very questionable).
When has CSM unanimously agreed on anything…

This article is by and large a political statement and very focused on Player NS interests.

Critical reading between the lines exposes a very definite hedged self-interest.

To me it reads like a victory report to Goons by Aryth.
Goons managed to swing the meta/development, yet again, in their own favor.
Well done.

1 Like

He got kind of supporting statements from other CSM members …

His account of the CSM seems to dovetail with statements made by Sort Dragon on OpenComms.

1 Like

Seems I was right. I can see the hand of some of the stalwart CSM there trying to fix the worst of the damage, but basically the core of the next expansion is instanced PvE content.

Oh well. I really wish it the best, but I am afraid we are in for another example of how little appetite there is for safe and private PvE content across the player base. Maybe these private sites will be super-fun, but even then, I doubt this is going to be a memorable expansion based on the subject matter. I should wait for the details of course.

Still, those new ships/weapons are intriguing…

Well, if they want to go run their sites on their own, if that is even the case, then I have no problem waiting until they come out so I can steal their stuff.

Key point being that others can find where you will come about, supposedly, before you do.

Also, being instanced, if that new space fully is, allows them to test fixes and redesigns to a lot of core systems that they could not do otherwise on TQ.

I don’t know. If this is a major pillar of your game design you go on about in your Keynote, and the primary feature of your new expansion is private PvE space separate and isolated from the sandbox, you might be doing something wrong.

I’ll wait to see all the details before I pass final judgment, but it is quite obvious now that this is what Aryth and others were trying to telegraph to us a few months ago.

2 Likes

Seems likely this is what was being referred to.

Nervously pessimistic about what this means for the game overall, though I’m sure there will be a lot of happy people individually.

2 Likes

I would say for them to deepen the sandbox would require a lot of digging. Removing a lot of sand in the process, but that is not probably what they had in mind. :joy:

They could have said more sand in the sandbox. That is what these new modules would bring actually. And mechanics to create them are kind of a sand too. Also a gamble.

1 Like

Don’t think this is the one, you can only stay a limited time in the Abyss pocket until it collapses, with every “level” you risk your ship and loot (how is this coward like tethering?), and everybody can wait for you at the exit (hello lowsec, nullsec bubble up). For me this is just a new minigame.

Based on what I understood and read in the press announcement.

Fly a nullified T3C and have your corp/fleet buddies waiting on you at the exit along with cyno inhibitor, etc…

People will like flying T3Cs into a pocket where the RNG decides whether you live or die. :wink:

Get tackled…use filament…jump safe?

I would resub every single account I ever made for a year just to watch the salt fountain! :rofl:

Edit: I forgot most important part of new dungeon… Cruiser only. I am dumdum