Something wicked this way comes

Interesting options, but I would rule out #2 as something that would warrant breaking the NDA. #3 and #4 are compatible with the “activity” thing. :thinking:

I don’t agree. The author is from a nul sec group but it has large ties all over eve. Miniluv does ganking in hi sec. Goons had hi sec POCOs (not sure if they still do). They represent a large group, not just pure nul. Also, some issues like bump cross all secs of space.

“Large ties all over Eve” you mean the financial ties, all those old blueprint originals you cannot get anymore etc etc. Anything that helps high-sec will be opposed in null, especially if it’s a buff. The goon leader in all his glory allegedly does not want his people reporting suspected bots, but CCP on the other hand disagree and are offering incentives to people doing the reporting. You mentioned ganking as well, all good stuff yes? Not killing the game much though is it.

1 Like
  1. How would CCP do that? They have no control over third party sites, and any such action would just garner negative attention. Everything I have heard suggests that this is a gameplay change not a policy change

2. From the TiS broadcast the “risk adverse” aspect is a unintended side effect of a solution to another issue. So in that case, if CCP is making hisec safe what would be the goal CCP was trying to achieve.

3. CCP already said that they want to do this, why would they need a NDA. And I can’t see the entire CSM getting enraged over this

4. Again I can’t see the entire CSM being enraged by this. Especially the null candidates.

I agree with you but, think its cool that CCP has kept their word in terms of NES items which directly affect gameplay. These other things affect gameplay indirectly, and distorted the time-based progression of characters, but so far I can’t spend real money to get an iwin button for my ship. Skill extractors increased CCP’s revenue by such a large percentage, that this genie can never go back into the bottle.

Separately, I could see CCP adding tethering to all NPC structures, just to simplify the rules and expectations for new players. Any structure = tether.

Citadels are everywhere for market and industry, two of the main reasons we visit NPC stations. NPC trade goods buying and selling, and moving those items is a new player profession. But, would eliminating player market access and/or industry jobs in NPC stations be possible now?

1 Like

I liken the citadels and the mass transfer of goods to stock them, same sort of thing happened when the Euro came into force and the biggest mass transfer of cash in human history transpired, same thing is happening in Eve right now especially in high-sec and wormholes. It has to be the biggest transfer of goods that i know of since titans were banned in high-sec and everyone had to ship to null. Tethering at NPC stations will be thing at some point I am certain of it. NPC stations will be there for corps with no holdings as is the right thing to do, also for the story the empires need their own stuff.

1 Like

Fom my reading, the coward mechanic was brought up with regards to tether changes that impact JF travel.

If the concern is that JF will be taken down too easy due to this change, maybe CCP is looking at introducing a modified PANIC module for industrial ships.

This would be a coward mechanic, allowing not only JF, but standard frieghters, barges, etc., to avoid unwanted combat. Since this then breaks the concept of all space is unsafe, it couple enrage CSM members.

If you jump your JF to a citadel, it’s your own fault if you die. Citadel are utter trash as a mechanic. If you jump your JF to a citadel or station and die because you mashed dock too early while session change is still running, you deserve to die.

All in all: NPC stations are superior in terms of safety compared to citadels old and new.

Regarding the suspected social corps: CCP should definitely announce this and follow through with it. It would show once again that CCP has no clue what players want, and instead they desperately grasp on random, useless straws to attract customers that they then can screw over and trick into paying more money than the customers actually want to.

And for absolute tin-foiling: I suspect they will change wars in a way that makes it impossible to war dec big corps or alliances.

1 Like

just click dock on your arrival surely?

I do like removal of afk cloaking, just put cloak probes in and give them super low strength, can only be used to scan down cloaked ships and even with max skills, the best fit and mid-grade virtues still takes min 5-8 mins to scan ships down.

people shouldn’t be able to stay undocked and logged in without the risk of eventually being found given time.

instancing failed because the LP rewards proved pointless. there were hoping new and old would come together, but the new guys are looking to make as mush isk as possible and the old guys are seeing no point in losing isk. CCP apparently used the excuse “They cant balance the rewards because new players wouldn’t know what to do with lots of isk” . this is why I quit being a fan of CCP, cant have an event for new players because apparently they wouldn’t know what to do with isk, meanwhile a 1-2 month old could get into an incursion group that takes starters and make 1b in a day or go farm in nullsec in a vni making a bill or so a day.

2 Likes

I always knew what to do with ISK, SPEND IT. :joy:

1 Like

Heard some people talking about inbuilt cyno beacons coming for citadels … does this qualify?

Sure would be a plus in security, but else IMO a very big QoL improvement, and a step in the direction of reducing gameplay requiring alts.

Well wouldn’t it just replace the POS cyno beacon?

Well well well… I might be wrong, but, we got a candidate: how about allowing players to teleport instantly to any ship in the game?

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci has shared the discovery of a unreleased Chronicle, whose link has been provided to buyers fo the Sariels’ Flames promotional PLEX package:

To not give out spoilers, the chronicle, titled “Mithra’s Gate”, hints at the existence of portable clone vaults small enough to fit on any ship. If implemented into the game, that technology would allow capsuleers to clone jump straight onboard of any ship, even frigates, without requiring stations or capital ships.

I’ve just started thinking of the implications and they’re quite interesting.

4 Likes

Maybe, but IMO not that likely … mobile clone bays are a niche function now with citadels with clone bays all over New Eden. Also I would not attribute it as a “coward’s mechanic”.

1 Like

Yeah I am having a hard time seeing how that is it. I can see perhaps this being a minor issue from the big null group’s perspective, but really what does it add that a clone bay in an Upwell structure doesn’t? I guess if it has no cooldown or something it would change the meta of power projection, but if it behaves as the current clone bay I don’t see how useful that really is. You still have to move the ships and the cooldown prevents abuse, so at least from my perspective you would still need a staging Upwell structure anyway to get everyone shipped in safety. I guess it might save some time by removing the requirement of having your whole fleet move to the staging structure via interceptors, but I am not sure that would qualify as the game-breaking thing that was proposed.

Maybe I am missing something about how such a mechanic could be used/abused. Well, Fanfest is less than three weeks away so perhaps things will be clearer shortly.

Interesting theory though.

"This article comes to us from Aryth, Goonswarm Financial Director, and CSM XI-XII member."

Be very careful of how you read this article.

Especially the repeated references to CSM unanimity (very questionable).
When has CSM unanimously agreed on anything…

This article is by and large a political statement and very focused on Player NS interests.

Critical reading between the lines exposes a very definite hedged self-interest.

To me it reads like a victory report to Goons by Aryth.
Goons managed to swing the meta/development, yet again, in their own favor.
Well done.

1 Like

He got kind of supporting statements from other CSM members …

His account of the CSM seems to dovetail with statements made by Sort Dragon on OpenComms.

1 Like