SOUND is Recruiting! [C5 PvP WH Group]

Did you know? If you warp cloaked to a C5 anomaly within 30km or so, you are guaranteed not to get decloaked by objects or rats in the site. If you warp at 100, you might end up in an asteroid! All bets are off if you’re hunting someone ratting in the site, of course.

PS: We’re recruiting!

1 Like

Did you know? It’s possible to have more than one wormhole connecting the same two systems at the same time. If there are multiple connections, they share polarization timers!

1 Like

Now is a great time to be a wormholer.

And–guess what?–we’re recruiting!

Here’s a theory I have that I don’t actually know for certain: I believe that EOL wormholes check whether they’ve run out of life every 5 minutes or so, and that they also check when you jump through them. So if it feels like you get rolled out more often than can be explained by jumping at just the wrong instant, you’re probably right.

PPS: If you’re new to wormholes, getting rolled out really isn’t that scary.

1 Like

Did you know? The named drifter wormholes (Barbican, etc) can be found through warpable beacons in k-space. Be careful though! They’re guarded by drifters.

1 Like

Did you know? If a drifter gets the last hit and the target doesn’t post their losses, zkillboard doesn’t see the kill. This leads to odd-looking battle reports like this one: https://zkillboard.com/related/31002477/201908290300/

1 Like

No “did you know” today. Just want to give a quick shoutout to the Gila I tackled yesterday. Didn’t panic. Put its drones on me, saw that didn’t work; tried to shake me with a flight of jam drones, which didn’t work either; finally called in a buddy in a damping Keres. I wasn’t comfortable hanging out in scram range (my lock range was down to 10km), so they were able to both warp off with my backup still a couple jumps out. Well played.

1 Like

Did you know? Random ratting ships can’t fit cynos anymore.

I wonder how many people will forget to have backup that can warp to them.

1 Like

Did you enjoy the no local way of life? Wormholes still have no local.

Did you know? CCP increased the rate of wandering wormhole spawns.

Did you know? A wormhole survival kit (mobile depot, probe launcher, probes, and a cloak) can be the difference between a successful dive and self-destructing your ship.

Hello,

I used to play in 2009 and lived in a wormhole. Real life got in the way and I had to stop. I’ve since lost that character and am starting over. Lots has changed since 2009 however I am picking things up again such as scanning and relic/data skills where I’ve made all my money and pvp skills where I’ve lost most of it!

Would you have space in your corporation for me?

Hi Thorin!

We’ve got space for people of all experience levels. If you’re feeling rusty, that’s really no problem with us. Definitely pop into our public channel and throw in an application.

It’s been a few days! I’ve been out of town with real life obligations. With SOUND, real life always comes first. (If that’s not the case with your current corporation, I recommend you find a new home for yourself!)

1 Like

Did you know? Kiting cruisers such as the Osprey Navy and Orthrus are staples of roams into nullsec due to their ability to fight while evading hostile tackle. They’re especially deadly in wormholes with the Black Hole environmental effect, since webs are less effective and increased speed allows for easier slingshotting out of scrams.

1 Like

Hi! Sound sounds exactly like what I’m looking for. Is it worth applying as an AUTZ player?

Hi E’kul!

We’ve had an AUTZ player or two in the past, but that’s a very lonely time zone for us. You’d pretty much be flying solo most of the time.

Ah, that’s disappointing. It’s proving tricky to find an AU corp, so if I continue to have no luck, I’ll apply anyway and use the trial period to see how lonely it is.

Hi Cael, My main was a member of Sound Mind way when it held sov on Providence, when the EU corp was Inner Visions, then moving onto Reasonable People with a scattering of other corps inbetween. I am not overly proud of the number of corps that i’ve been in but I felt that I was searching for a various experiences, some I found, most I didn’t.

I wondered if the level of EU TZ (18:00 - 22:00 eve time) activity has increased within Sound as I recall it was very heavily US TZ when I was there.

If EU TZ Activity is higher than back then I would be keen to return with my main and 5 alts (over 2 acounts) if you guys would have me back.

@E’kul: It’s definitely tricky to find an AUTZ corp with good activity. Based on talking with the last person to try being our AUTZ anchor, at this point I think I’d only take someone AUTZ if they were confident that a mostly solo experience is what they want. It sounds like that’s not what you’re looking for, so I really don’t want to waste your time.

@Giddy: I joined SOUND well after the Providence days. We’re still pretty heavily USTZ. I’d say the EUTZ runs 1-5 people most of the time, with higher numbers on weekends when some USTZ folks play in the morning. I’m not sure how that compares to your prior experience with us.