About us: Of Sound Mind is a PvP alliance living in C5 wormhole space. Recruiting is open to new players, veterans, and all those between. [Note that we will ask you to train to fit a cloak and T2 tank modules onto your ship before you move in: we find this makes wormhole life much less frustrating for newer players.]
Daily life in SOUND: Our pilots have the most fun when we are fighting pretty much any other player or group, especially if we can do it together. We search for whatever content our wormholes connect to. That usually means small gang pvp, wormhole honor brawls, ganks, null roams, and hell occasionally we even pretend rats are other players and we shoot at them.
Community: We are active on Slack and our forums, and love when our newbies ask questions! We enjoy helping each other learn more about the game. We also strive for all our fleets to have a place for characters of all SP levels, including those with lower SP and/or ISK. It is common to see a Tengu pilot fighting alongside a slasher, a Bhaalgorn by a Maller.
Good people: good friendships: EVE is a game where players benefit from building positive relationships, and SOUND is a place for that. In SOUND we expect pilots to be outstandingly classy, and we focus on creating a friendly, inclusive community.
Really, no slurs: It is especially important to us that all players feel welcome. We keep our communication channels clear of language that is harmful to others. That being said, some of us do curse like sailors. Profanity is fine, slurs are not.
If you want more info about us, check out our white paper. If you’re interested in joining, hop onto the in-game channel “[SOUND]” (without the quotes) or sign up for our public slack, where you can ask questions and speak to a recruiter. Hope to see you in space!
Some more information about us: Our alliance, SOUND, currently lives together in R3, the historical name for our C5 home in wormhole space! Our C5 static provides rich opportunities for both PVP and PVE, and often leads to lower class chains for relic hunting and good kspace exits. Much of our fun comes from roaming our wormhole chain or nullsec to look for small gang fights or to dunk on nullbears. Whenever we roll into another decently-large wormhole group, we’ll try to form up and get nice brawl going. We also enjoy spooking around the chain to find people doing silly things that we can shoot at them for. We also have occasional PVE ops (site running, gas huffing, etc.) to help everyone fill up their coffers. We are heavily USTZ, but have some players and coverage across other timezones. We are actively looking for great pilots to help build out or EUTZ and AUTZ timezones, so if you are in those time zones an.
As a member of SOUND, you’ll have access to:
- Small gang roams to kspace
- Organized/’’on the fly” wormhole fights, of varying size
- Excellent ‘SRP’ (Ship reimbursement program)
- BPO libraries available in highsec for copying
- A well-stocked market (which you are welcome to help stock) and citadel clone bays
- A friendly, knowledgeable community via our Teamspeak and Slack
- Access to good PVE opportunities in the local area, and training on how to live successfully in wormhole space.
What we’re looking for in recruits:
- Either EU TZ or US TZ (our AUTZ is not highly populated sadly).
- We recruit mains, not alts.
- You can use T2 tanking modules, and have your scanning supports at 3 or higher.
- Proactive attitude with a willingness to adapt to our lifestyle in a wormhole.
- Willingness to fly our doctrines, fly all races of ships, and train “breadth first” to ensure easy adaptation to a shifting meta
- Willingness to help scan our wormhole connections to look for content.
- Patient individuals. Eve is a marathon, not a sprint - and there’s lots to do at every stage along the way.
- You share our culture, detailed above, and in our white paper.
- You are interested in PVP as your primary activity. Ideally, you have at least some PVP experience in the past (but if not, you would like to gain some with us).
- Willing to partake in a trial membership and to share an API key for your account(s) so we can spy on you. :lol:
- Willing to move to where we live, and stay with us. This is currently in a C5 wormhole system named R3.
- You are willing to install and sign up for our required third party services. This includes alliance forums, Slack, and our TS3 server.
- Looking to become part of a friendly community and get to know us. The best ship is Friendship.