Spamming structures

I can make that in an hour, its not exactly expensive, citadels are basically better POS, and there was a lot of spam of those too, issue is, you don’t see them because they are at moons and not shown on the warp list :stuck_out_tongue:

Price is player regulated (based on necessary mats as decreed by CCP)

HS/LS Citadel proliferation will regulate itself, to where competition reaches 0 and everyones Citadels are as worthless as everyone else’s.

NS Citadel proliferation, however, may become a serious problem due to time/effort required to remove them. Who wants to spend hours upon hours of alarm clock structure bashing, per Citadel in NS system.

mobile depot in and around Jita are A pain.

Price has never and never will be a factor to deter the actions most players nor any alliance.

They should have always had system/constellation caps, but CCP missed their chance to do so easily. Now when they eventually do implement such a change it’s going to be a headache for both them and us, the players.

System/constellation caps are as dumb and stupid as all other artificial, arbitrary caps. Don’t know why it took this long for someone to propose it.

We had an artificial limit of 1 outpost per system and 1 POS per moon prior.

Obviously with the sheer variety of what these new structures can do and not do now those old limits would make no sense. However, with no limit you get the situation we all find ourselves in now which is in no way healthy. So yes, while I also dislike arbitrary limits, there are times when such things are necessary for the health of the game itself.

Imagine for a moment if you could only have a single keepstar and sotiyo in a constellation, x number of forts/etc, one refinery per moon. That not only gives specified points of interest for attackers to hit, but also forces attackers to go after cracks in their opponents defenses to put up their own forward base. Not just anchor a few dozen/hundred citadels and hope one anchors as we currently all do.

EDIT - also “arbitrary” would mean it has no justification and exists for the sake of existing, this has justification to be done already and could be given meaning. If a system with a Keepstar was treated like old constellation capitals (yes, I cringe saying this) and gave a military index boost to their own or surrounding systems then you could have reason to limit their number. Same with Sotiyos if they gave a Industry index boost. Obviously it wouldn’t make sense to have anything effect Strategic index… but you get what I mean I’d hope. They can be given a reason as to why the limitation was put into effect to make the decision of where alliances put them more meaningful.

You seem thoughtful enough and nice enough. I’m sure you are capable of creative thinking. But artificial caps on things aren’t an example of it - it’s lazy thinking.

It’s just like when the stupid developers nerfed carriers in PvP because they were making too much money in PvE. I promptly unsubbed, left the game right away, and didn’t log back on again to check things out until just a few weeks ago. Note that I had no problem whatsoever with the concept of reducing how much money carriers made in PvE. In fact, I would have had no problem if they just completely banned carriers from entering the sites period, which would have took carrier ratting down to 0 ISK. But no, they took the easy, lazy, dumb, stupid, unthoughtful way out, and just outright nerfed carriers, meaning nerfing them for PvP as well, when PvP wasn’t the problem.

Whatever issues and problems there are - assuming there are any - there’s a better way.

1 Like

would be nice but that requires effort and a lot of it since the citadel changes we believe were going to be for the better all the way ended up even longer timers, if you don’t hack and time your war dec it can take up to 2 weeks, a 1week if you go through the effort and you only have that 15 min window before you have to start all over.

HS/LS Citadel arent a problem. Albeit I anticipate eventually there will be little practical use for more of them.

NS Player Sov Citadels, however, that remains to be seen in what heppens regarding them when the next war breaks out.

I pity the fool that tries to even dent Fortress Delve.
For all we know, and some stats support it, a Palatine may already be nearing completion there.

Agreed.
Any mobile depot that has not been interacted with (had something put in or taken out of it) within 12 hours + 1 hour of anchoring should just blow up.

So, you anchor a mobile depot and just fly away it will self destruct in 13 hours. You use that mobile depot, for refitting, storage, etc it will last for 2 days unless scooped.

Just ignore the mobile depots, or attack them.

They arent harming anyone just floating in space.

Ηappy to see that many people agree with me that there is a great deal of spamming structures that will remain floating in space long after their anchorer has left them or has quit the game. What do you thing should be an appropriate respone from CCP about that?

Nothing. The mechanics have already been changed to make low power structures easier to remove, so if something is a bother, then kill it.

If they have left the game, the structure doesnt matter.

This is a non-issue for HS/LS, for reasons I have stated above.

Citadel spam may be an issue in NS, but we dont know that, yet, until the next major war breaks out.

I’ve come back recently and the price of citadels especially are ridiculously low.

I can buy a fully operations station for the same price as a faction fitted stratios that’s insane

Astrahus should be like 10bill forts 50b and keep stars I think 500bill

The same ratio for indy citadels

I worry we are also going back to pos bashing days when in order to truly control a system in null you had to have more poses than the other and the game play with citAdel spamming.

Prices are just silly for a massive powerful star base

This very much seems to be the case now, as well, but worse.

It hasnt been tested in a major war, but as Ive said before, at the very least, trying to crack Fortress Delve is an exercise in futility.

System sieging has taken on a whole new magnitude of meaning/effort.

The FCON war did test it and I know by speaking to people.to was nightmare keep tracking and defending or attacking of tons of timers because of the spamming citadels. It ended up being a relentless task.

1 Like

This is what I fear/think to be true as well.

Extensively Citadel fortified NS systems are going to be very arduous to grind through.

Citadels are no more common than POS used to be. I remember when it was impossible to find a moon in Lonetrek that did not already have a POS on it - many owned by corps that no longer log in, and many with the name “for sale”. When you start seeing 90-100 citadels/complexes per system, then we will be approaching the level of player anchored structures as POS.

The big difference - currently - is that some systems will have a glut of Upwells (0.5 systems with rocks and market hub neighbors come to mind) where before they were capped, while some systems might have two or less.

–Real Estate Gadget