Citadele spamming, solution

Just take taxes system from Corp offices are in station. In Hi Sec Have to pay taxes to anchor citadel. Any new citadel in system will have to pay exponentially higher taxes.

So first citadel always gets cheapest, or do all get more expensive.
Also, you haven’t shown that there is any issue with structure spam in high sec.

Just make them easier to kill…the timers are ridiculous…

It will be when CCP remove PVP from HiSec.

Which is never going to happen so you don’t have to worry.

Wardecs are pretty good for this.

To be fair with the old POS system you did need a charter for every hour in high sec. Not a big cost but was an isk sink

1 Like

If highsec has to pay more (which it already does if you take fuel discounts into account) then the bonuses need to be the same as other areas.of space.
I’m fine with the same armour to hull timer as low or null, I do get the timer complaints.
But if you expect the cost to be more the bonuses have to be better than they are now or high sec structures become an always negative investment

I think there is the untangle “Concord” factor though that people are willing to pay for through lower bonuses in HS. They want to play big but with very little risk so they stay in HS and bare the lower bonuses.

If I got what you were saying…

and used to require some work on standings.

Sure, they can have the bonuses and also have the same lack of CONCORD.

But if you expect the cost to be more the bonuses have to be better than they are now or high sec structures become an always negative investment

I’m not seeing the problem here. After all, cutting down the number of structures is the whole point of making changes. Having 95% of them become a giant ISK sink and disappear would be a great outcome.

Right now, High sec structures cost the same and give less. Ok, Concord protection etc. Though I’m not convinced that’s a great argument since its trivial to get around and Concord is a double edged sword with things like remote reps also hitting the defender.
People are proposing high sec structures should cost more to run.

I am saying if they cost more to run, then the bonus needs to be the same or nearer to other areas of space to compensate. You will still get less for your isk as above Concord. But costing more AND giving less basically makes high sec structures useless because the lack of bonus means you will never make a profit margin.

I am assuming any increased cost will actually be a relevant percentage of current costs, as if it’s not relevant it shouldn’t be added since it’s just hassle for no real difference.

Ok, Concord protection etc. Though I’m not convinced that’s a great argument since

Are you joking? As a solo station basher, do you REALLY think I’d take my fleet of BS into LS just to bash a station with ZERO protection from the locals? Come on…you are 100% ignoring reality.

Station owners do not care about the cost to run…they just use the stations when needed. Most systems’s stations are 25%-50% abandoned. Trust me, I have scanned down a lot of stations…

Low power stations cost 0 isk.
And anyone trying to use them to make isk sure cares about cost.

If you want to ignore all that though… yeah, discussion over at that point.

You do realize that stations are there to collect taxes too right? So they could be in LOW POWER mode, still be used to reprocess or whatever AND give passive income to the owner…

If you really think people cared then there wouldn’t be any Low Power stations in HS but they are everywhere…they are cheap, useful and harder to kill plus still give passive income when you are not even around…win win win…

highsec structures should need required standings to anchor and monthly permits to ensure they can be kept active.

Try putting up a random structure in Delve and see what happens.

I dont see why empire factions would be any different.

2 Likes

Come back when you know how structures work. No one is collecting taxes when it’s a low power structure.

im unsure, do office taxes still get paid if in low power? im aware modular fees wont such as cloning or reprocessing.
Never really thought about that til now tbh

Ok, it is possible office taxes could still work, I don’t know either there. So ok, you might get a tiny trickle, but not a meaningful sum.

tbh im not overly convinced citedals have been thoughtfully implemented, more of a case of ‘‘hm this sounds good lets do it’’ drag and drop type thing xD

1 Like