Spider-tanking Orcas for lvl 4s

So Im thinking about doing some lvl 4 missions and my favorite ship is the orca, the best ship in the game.
If I use three (3) of them with shield spider tanking, not sure I can passive fit with 3 core defense field purger II’s and Cald Navy power relays in lows(best tank in game besides hull) and still have cap left over for shield transfer + invulns.
The main thing is I might wanna dip into w-space when I find a good c3 in the mission hub to supplement my income with sweet sleeper salvage so they might be subject to some cap neuting occasionally.

Any ideas on fits?

edit- typoes

3 Likes

Hello darkness my old friend…as you get ganked using a billion+ ship when you can go WAY cheaper, don’t do it or you’ll be on a killboard for sure.

I disagree this sounds like a great idea. Orcas are the best ship in the game!

4 Likes

Don’t let Jester fool you, flying orcas in W space is suicide, unless you live there and have lots of backup an orca is a dream to find for people looking to pad their KB.

1 Like

This guy obviously knows what he’s talking about. That’s the kinda knowledge based opinions I need as well as some fits.

1 Like

An Orca would be awesome for the Sisters of Eve Epic Arc. Take that, Dagan!

1 Like

So an Orca can hit 700dps with medium drones, so that’s pretty nice. What’s less nice is the excruciatingly painful speed on grid, aligning and warping. Your actual time spent on missions won’t be great because they’re so so slow. They’re insanely overpriced at the moment too.

If you have no self respect for your time and sanity, then I suppose…

[Orca, PVE Spider]

Drone Damage Amplifier II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Thukker Medium Cap Battery
Thukker Medium Cap Battery

Large Inductive Compact Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Large Inductive Compact Remote Capacitor Transmitter
[Empty High slot]
Large Asymmetric Enduring Remote Shield Booster
Large Asymmetric Enduring Remote Shield Booster
[Empty High slot]

Large Ancillary Current Router II
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Hammerhead II x5

3 Likes

Especially when you use fit without MWD…

Also, put at least one TP to manage aggro

1 Like

For reference, the Orca I linked uses every single one of the 1725MW powergrid. A nestor has 14060MW powergrid. I’ll believe an MWD Orca with spidertanking fittings when I see it.

A aggro mod would help, but I think it will still fly like a dumpster fire.

1 Like

the ship you want is an EOS.

Ok but the orca is superior so you definitely want an orca

1 Like

You wouldn’t need to spider tank them, the buffer alone would be more than enough for lvl 4s. Also if you run C3s or any wormhole out of a trade hub or even near a trade hub, you will probs get visitors. If you’re going to do that make sure you pick a hub that is way off the beaten path.

It doesn’t sound like the best idea to me considering how SLOW an Orca is, however, you’ve got spunk. You should totally do it.

Edit: Okay, the buffer tank isn’t as much as I thought but still considerable, and you can get okayish passive regen.

2 Likes

By time the Orca locks anything the fight will be half over, so your Battle-Hulks will need to provide remote sebo support (old pyfa, ignore any added or missing capacities):

[Hulk, remotecbo]

Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II

F-23 Compact Remote Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script
F-23 Compact Remote Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script
Medium Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II

Small Murky Compact Remote Shield Booster

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell II

Hammerhead II x5

1 Like

Overkill much? Anyway all my battlehulk alts are waiting for the GOGOGO on 1DQ

1 Like

screw it, I love the idea!

That said I’d use the lows for damage mods and the rigs for drone speed or something.

1 Like

Now i’ve seen everything

I mean if you want to paint yourself as much a target as possible may as well use marshals

1 Like

Take three Orcas. Run away in one.

1 Like

Yeah, I apologize, didn’t mean to make it sound like that – though I’d be lying if I claimed I couldn’t hear ‘The ride of the Valkyries’ as I envisioned the flanking Hulks.

I did try Orca for mining missions for awhile and it worked ok other than wasn’t kidding, the fight would be over before the first frigs were being locked. Could do some lvl 3’s w/out losing a drone in the ones that you could control warp-in distance as Orca works ok with 2 Wardens, about Drake-level dps, reps aren’t as good though. So being able to lock the more irritating before anything started was great. Anyway even pulling the mwd and putting in a Sensor-Booster didn’t help all that much. This is how i fit it for the mining missions, unsure if it had propulsion when i was trying it for lvl-3, been too long. Still have the boat but it’s fit more normally now. Good Luck.

[Orca, *Mining mission]

Damage Control II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Gistum C-Type EM Shield Amplifier
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 150
Shield Boost Amplifier II

Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I
Small I-ax Enduring Remote Armor Repairer
Small Remote Hull Repairer I
Core Probe Launcher I, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Improved Cloaking Device II

Large Thermal Shield Reinforcer I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Mining Drone II x5
Salvage Drone I x5
Vespa EC-600 x5
Warrior II x5

Cap Booster 150 x21
Navy Cap Booster 100 x16
Navy Cap Booster 200 x14
Navy Cap Booster 50 x28
Nanite Repair Paste x114
Core Scanner Probe I x8
Targeting Range Script x1
Mobile Depot x1
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster x1

3 Likes

Definitely needs more purple but nice

2 Likes

I ran all the level 4’s in Mach + on grid Orca pre noctis. Orca is a great mission ship when its not solo.

I dont think they even roll holes with Orcas anymore, running sites securely with them would require a lot of work. However, if you had a secure c3 3 orcas would crush the sites no problem. But yeah, the juice is not worth the squeeze on that one by a longshot.

2 Likes