Now for a ridiculous question can an orca do level 4 combat missions

the reason why I’m asking this I’m trying to find a ship that can do every Mission type cargo mining combat

1 Like

I did some lv 3 before, and to be honest not very effective. Also if something gets wrong no way y can scape

Interesting. It would be very inefficient, but I think that Orca would do just any L4 if it can go through the mission gate (which I honestly don’t know; and also no burners). I put aside, how much inefficient runner it would be and I made quickly a yolo fit, which I think could make it.

DPS potential of Orca is above 500DPS selectable damage, so it would be able to kill rats. For tank I use the insane large cargohold of Orca, to be filled by charges for ancillary shield booster.

Stay aligned to something all the time. Kill tackle frigs first to be able to get out just in case.

Switch hardeners as per mission damage. This is thermal/kinetic.

[Orca, Orca L4 masochistic runner]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II

Drone Link Augmentor II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Caldari Navy Vespa x10
Vespa II x5
Mining Drone II x5

Navy Cap Booster 400 x500

And yes, mining drones are included :slight_smile:

With good drone skills and Augmented medium drones, Orca can do over 700dps and fit a huge shield tank, which can be improved using shield command bursts. It’s something that might be fun to try but a conventional battleship fit will do the job faster and a lot less expensive.

Likewise mining missions can be completed faster in an exhumer (you’ll need a Venture or Prospect for the gas mining missions) and a Blockade Runner is the most efficient way to run the courier missions.

I think it’s up to 8k m³ for storyline (and 30k ? for courriers)so I have several 2M-fit on each storyline spot (and a miasmos to fetch the kernite/whatever ore is needed) and I selet one each time (They are named are 8k 10k, ore, etc)

Back to the OP : no.

The orca is a fat slow ship. You will be surrounded by a lot of ship, your shield won’t hold and you will die in a glorious fire while pointed by a small ship your drones won’t be able to hit in time.

lol - might be worth trying out just for amusement. Like this kinda:

btw - @BalticBeast14…is that you?

This is not a ridiculous question!! Good luck to you!

2 Likes

@Xuxe_Xu No, that’s certainly not me.

btw I jumped on the test server with Orca to Angel Extravaganza and Dread Pirate Scarlet with the above fit (I did these two missions, because they were the only harder missions which were offered to me before I ruined my standings from declining).

Tank was holding without issue even on just one shield booster (i.e. not using the second one while reloading the first one). I cleared the first 2 rooms in each mission and did not continue, because it was very boring. Dread Pirate Scarlet was a far cry from the usual blitz.

But I have no doubts that Orca could run L4 security missions.

On the other hand, I very much not recommend to use it for them. There are plenty of ships which do it much, much better. Orca is an industrial ship not meant to run L4 security missions.

1 Like

The name on the guy’s streaming window is “I Beast” combined with using orca for fighting stuff and Baltic is why I was wondering.

thanks guys

Next time you want to run a particular mission on the test server use the “/booststandings” command to up your standings to 10 for the owning corp and agents of whatever station you are in. You may then decline to your heart’s content.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/test-servers/singularity-player-commands/

2 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t know that.

Here here, I run L4 Security missions solo utilizing a bastion passive armor tank to avoid losing my hull to the rats and about 95% of the time I do not need to worry about losing my ship due to my mastery of the hull that Im using plus how I set my ship up… My fit generally recovers the cost of the ammo being utilized roughly every 2 or 3 missions depending on the mission in question.

1 Like

OP, i like the way you’re thinking.

1 Like

I thought the Orca could hold combat ships in it’s hangar? Why not just have a combat mission bs in the hold and use that.

I might be completely wrong though lol

orca can’t hold a BS.

It’s just the challenge to do it with something not ideal for doing it not finding the most efficient way.

2 Likes

so long as the BattleShip is packaged you can store it in the fleet hangar, assembled it exceeds the ship hangar (400k m3 (ship) and ??? m3 (rigs and equipment))

Repackaging a ship destroys the rigs fit to that ship…so doing that with a BS doesn’t seem all that good of an idea to me…but whatever folks want to do…
Orca carries a T3 cruiser and more handily. I’ve done that and lived a semi-nomadic style, taking out the scanning ship for awhile or the tengu, etc. Was kinda fun.

Still, the idea of doing missions with an Orca is just to see what might be done with a ship that might not usually be used in that situation, just for amusement/interest.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.