Starter Pack

Sad, but true. For a deeply disturbing “future documentary”, see the utterly tacky and depressing yet downright prophetic Idiocracy

2 Likes

Maybe they need a new marketing-team…
Sorry, but the text is borderline-stupid.

Yes, the legal definition of “fraud” doesn’t include whether the victim knew it was a fraud, and carries the legal penalties regardless of what the victim knew.

As far as the ad, it’s misleading, if any newbies / Alphas are wondering.

You pay $4.99 and you get $4.99 worth of PLEX. The two ships are frigates that you will get for free within 30 minutes after doing the tutorial, from the Career Mission agents.

And the extra power and slots that the advert is referring to are comparing the a frigate class ship with the corvette class ship that’s given during the tutorial. There are no ships with extra slots or extra power; you get the common frigate ships that everyone else gets.

So you basically get NOTHING besides the PLEX, compared to an Alpha who doesn’t buy this package.

1 Like

Oh EVE :frowning:

1 Like

The “extra slots” being referred to are, I assume, when comparing the frigate (ANY frigate) to the default newbie corvette. So in that sense, those “extra slots” ARE being delivered - but I agree that it’s nebulous at best - politician-speak (actually marketese, which is even more insidious :stuck_out_tongue: )

Marketing guys are all the same, though. The next bunch would do the exact same thing.

Honestly, I give props to CCP. Learning scrubs the hard way by scamming from the get-go. Savage AF

3 Likes

Storm in a teacup here.

For $4.99 you get Plex worth $4.99. Then as a little bonus you get 2 frigates, some mods, blueprints and skins.

If you pay 100 USD (plus cheeky 10% service charge) for a posh Sunday brunch with free-pour Moet, do you get your knickers in a twist when it also says: complimentary tea or coffee?

1 Like

I think the knicker-twisting is a direct result of the following 3 exclamations:

Hence CCP scamming at its finest.

Actually, you get minus 4.99 in your wallet for no extra cost! :smiley: And additionally to that, you get TWO, YES TWO, frigates with double the high, mid and lowslots! YOU READ THAT RIGHT, TWO SHIPS, DOUBLE THE SLOTS! IT’S A BARGAIN! :smiley:

I BOUGHT IT TWICE FOR ONLY 10 BUCKS EXCLUDING THE DISCOUNT AND LOOK AT ME NOW! :smiley:

1 Like

But it’s a Plex package costing $5 that gives you $5 worth of Plex.

The extra stuff is just that, a bit of extra stuff.

The real shitter here is Starbucks charging 4.35 USD for an English breakfast tea. Cheeky twats.

3 Likes

I’m fine with what’s being sold, just not a fan of the way they say it.

MORE WEAPON SLOTS
MORE DAMAGE
MORE TANK

sure as an experienced player I can figure out that “more” means more than the rookie ship. But it might read as pay money get more for anything. Sure it’s kinda nitpicky

2 Likes

The wording is a bit off, yes. It’s been brought up.

1 Like

…lol

To be honest, if I had seen that advertisement before signing up for EVE, I probably would have just assumed it to be just another freemium game - that sort of ad is really terrible, if only the statements on the right side.

3 Likes

CCP took a step further: from considering scamming part of the game to actually scamming new players.

I can’t think of a better way to teach alphas about trust in EVE.

2 Likes

Hey, can you do a favor and settle a side bet that I have with someone? The two frigates, are they 2 Minmatar Rifters? Cause from the picture it looks like 2 Rifters, and I bet that CCP was “LITERALLY” with their artwork in that promotion.

1 Like

I’m so confused by this video…

they look like rifters to me, unless they’re jaguars. you don’t mean you want me to buy the pack to check, right?