Starting an Alpha Clone on old account

Hi everyone!

I played EVE Online many years ago. I want to try out the “new” alpha clone system, just to back in the game without a subscription. Then I can continue with my old character if I get hooked again. What would be the best way forward in terms of setting up the account? Can I make an alpha clone on my old account? My main character is probably loaded with Tech2 stuff so I guess it’s only accessible when I pay the subscription. Or should I make a new account with a different email address?

Thanks in advance!

-Eddie

You can use your old character as an alpha but yes a lot of your skills will be locked out and you probably wontbe able to train. However you get 3 character slots on each account if you have no characters in those you can create a new character but on your old account.

Alpha/Omega is a state of account (free/paid) not really a state of character.

Doing your “alpha” test on separate account can be of benefit in the long run: if you decide to return you might need trade/hauling/scout/cyno alts.

I see. I just installed the game and I can see what you mean. A lot of skills are yellowed/locked.

That makes sense, thanks.

Alphas have a soft limit of 5 mil SP. Through alpha injectors or regular injectors, you can skill up to 20.5 mil. Alpha injectors are basically 1/30th of the omega sub. You get SP that’s typical of 24 hrs, but can only be used once per day.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.