State of Edencom, and the future of the Republic / Empire war

How do I know? Because I made a modicum of effort to find out about a culture rather than assuming their inhumanity. The data retrieved from Triglavian ships confirm it. Research by ARC confirms it. Warring with Drifters confirms it. The focus on fighting Amarr confirms it. The initial avoidance of attacking the Minmatar confirms it.

The Amarr say that the Matari are brutes with no culture. Do you agree with that as well?

There has been no such thing. Minmatar territory has been attacked in frequency relative to its size from the beginning. That you see less invaded systems is because more attempts in our territory have ended up in complete withdrawal of both forces after battles that have dragged on for days.

Likewise; Amarr territory gets attacked more, but only relative to its size.

3 Likes

If one of my supposed ‘allies’ kept regularly attacking me, even if slightly less than my enemies, I’d be hard pressed to truly describe them as an ‘ally’.

Even if major population centres are not overwhelming being targetted by the Triglavians right now, they are still stealing our resources and destroying our infrastructure. That’s my people’s, Rhiannon’s people’s, everyone’s. Do you honestly think tooting their horn in any way supports your ambitions and goals when they’re bleeding the Republic’s strength just as much, proportionately, as mine @Thracius_Xan ?

5 Likes

Well, of course, any alliance cannot be one-sided. The Republic chose not to align themselves with Triglavians, despite it’s supposed values and despite it’s professed animosity towards the Amarr. Instead, the Republic chose to defend the Amarr, reinforce their fleets and their power. The Republic chose to bend the knee.

You cannot expect to be left aside after making this choice, no matter how much you wring your hands about your reluctance to do so. Your government, and many of you, chose to support your oppressor when you could have used the opportunity to free billions of your people. If only it was you that suffered the consequences, I would toast to this comeuppance - but your choices affect the whole Republic, as well as every Matari still enslaved by the Amarr.

I will fight against this every day, even as you call me traitor. Just like all of your ancestors who took up arms were called traitors. And if we are strong enough, if we demolish the Amarrian armada you fund and defend, and stop them from crushing you in a few years… You will pat yourself on the back. You will think the Amarr feared your ferocious spirit that you showed in serving them.

And if I fail? Well. I do not seek self awareness from ashes. I will strive to keep the spirit of your ancestors in memory, and take whatever bloody revenge I can for you.

Until that day, wear the title of Ammatar proudly.

1 Like

What alliance? Can you name a single group outside the Kybernauts who volunteer to fight for the Triglavians who have not been summarily attacked during these invasions?

I invite you to explain to all of us the choice the Republic refused to take, this option of alliance with the Triglavian Collective; to me and I suspect to many others, it appears that all nations are and have been from the outset, equally valid targets for their predations.

This is only true if there has been a true offer of alignment by the Triglavians that has been turned down.

Helping them attack us and hoping we are rewarded by them stopping before we are all dead is not such an offer.

3 Likes

Ah, well, if you think that the Republic government has no diplomats or generals capable of comprehending or acting on the open invitation hundreds of us have understood then I must have been mistaken in my estimation of the Republic.

Was a verbal invitation, and high intensity assault on your sworn enemy not enough? Did you expect flowers? I think they may be hard to come by in Abyssal space. Your government is, I think, capable of reasoning and independent action. That you defend its choice by saying that other options were not explicit enough is a damning statement of incompetence. I suppose following Amarrian orders does take a little less effort than diplomacy.

No, it was not enough, when attacks also happened in our space, and the message basically is “submit or be extirpated”.

The second system that came under attack in this wave of invasions was Aldik. The seventh was Muttokon. A bunch of Amarr systems followed, but no more that their size means we should expect, and by then we had also come under attack, and have since.

Your “message” is wishful thinking. You are choosing an unknown Lord, in the hopes that he is more benevolent than the one you know. But the message of the Lord is the same one as ever: “Run and you shall be crushed. Stand and you shall fall. Kneel and you shall be saved.”

The government should indeed be very familiar with it.

5 Likes

I think I’ll return to my policy of not attempting to engage with these so-called kybernauts. Trying to reason with people who are so blind that they simply refuse to see and then twist all the facts to suit their own narratives is a fools’ errand.

Let’s call a spade a spade shall we? You “kybernauts” are common pirates, criminals and anarchists who hate the major empires and who, for your own selfish reasons (most likely ISK and personal grudges), have chosen to sell out and join forces with a hostile and inscrutable enemy and then twist your logic and rhetoric to portray yourselves and the triangles as misunderstood victims.

Well, I’m calling ■■■■■■■■. At least be honest with yourselves and us in general; quit pissing down our backs and trying to convince us it’s raining.

5 Likes

None of this is true.

2 Likes

You guys losing 3 systems in a row is pretty true. Quite comedic actually the supposed defenders of empire space cant defend it at all if it’s not amarr.

You did not read or understand to original post, just came out here to smacktalk, right?

What a tough guy.

4 Likes

I see you like bend at 90 degree to concord overlord

can you do the same for zorya ?

ARC would beg to differ. Before you seek to accuse them of bias, note their explicit support for EDENCOM. For further evidence, I invite you to peruse the recovered Trinary Datastream Records.

Willful ignorance may be bliss, but it is not a virtue. That the facts do not fit your preconceived notions does not make them nonexistent. But then I suppose it does take a blindfold to bend the knee to the Amarr.

They have already abandoned their professed allies, the Caldari. But I suppose they will be more dedicated to the protection of Minmatar space. Perhaps they’ll build a few fortresses to help their beloved friends.

1 Like

I’m well aware of the Trinaries, and ARC’s work. I’m also aware that ARC’s work doesn’t actually tell us what the Trigs want, or that they are ‘natural allies’ to our people.

There are indications that the Trigs are after resources to continue their war with the Drifters. There are indications that they want to control sections of space again. These are not indications of ‘natural alliance’, and their clear intention to destroy anyone who gets in their way? That is authoritarianism. You are ‘safe’ only so long as you obey. Do it their way, or face mortification and extirpation. There isn’t even a ‘just get out of the way’ option in their messaging, just ‘glorification or extirpation’.

Don’t tell me people who espouse that philosophy oppose authoritarianism.

And ‘natural allies’? Cladistic proving, and then conformity. Whatever wins the argument this time, everyone has to adopt. Otherwise… we’re right back to ‘extirpation’. You claim that kind of mentality is a natural ally to us? That’s anathema. The very existence of the Tribes and the Clans is a reflection of our refusal to conform even among ourselves.

And you claim those who demand we conform or die are our natural allies.

You throw out a lot of pretty words about our ancestors, without even for one moment understanding what they were after. Conform or be extirpated. Obey or face mortification. It’s you who spits on the graves of our ancestors, allying yourself with a force that brooks no rebellion, no dissent, and attacks everyone, with no indication whatsoever of ideological, cultural, or political willingness to co-exist outside their structure and their belief system.

You can accuse me of ‘bending the knee’ to the Amarr all you like. Your darts have no barb to them, for I know who I am and what I have done in opposition to such monstrosity. But you… you disgust me. You not only bend the knee to even greater monsters, from down on your knees you openly fellate them. You are an idiot, clinging in eager desperation to the collar Zorya Triglav holds out to you, and sneering at any who will not call that leash ‘freedom’.

8 Likes

For some reason, I was notified for this discussion. Is there anything I can help with?

Lasairiona Raske
ARC Head Diplomat

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t speak idiot.

5 Likes

With such a high percentage of the population speaking it you probably want to take a beginner’s course just so you’ve got some phrases handy for everyday encounters.

5 Likes

Tempted to ask Valerie if she has a lecture prepared for this subject…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.