State of EVE?

First of all I haven’t suicide ganked in years. Second of all how is it entitlement for me to request that my and many others playstyles not be completely removed from the game? I’m merely asking for consideration. Your playstyle is always considered. Mine has never been.

I have not called for your playstyle which you are telling me you have not done for years to be completely removed. I have called for something that is utterly unbalanced and poor game play in terms of the victim to be changed. It is your decision and those who play in this area who have to decide whether the slightly more difficult play is no longer worthy of their attention. Personally I expect that ganking will continue.

I’m not a suicide ganker, my playstyle is being removed by the logi change, but thats another topic entirely. Bumping is not utterly imbalanced. Utter imbalance would be the removal of bumping. That would make suicide ganking no longer profitable. You underestimate how much it costs to tag up an entire fleet of toons.

Take Kusion for example. He has 20 accounts. He has to sub those 20 accounts and he has to pay for NOT JUST CATALYSTS for those accounts. Furthermore he you have to account for the fact that only 50% of the loot drops AND he has competition looting the wrecks as well.

Given the change you requested he would then have to fix the sec status every 10 or so kills. This all starts to add up considerably but you don’t care. You’d sacrifice his entire playstyle just so you can be lazy.

I blame all the whining on the millennial mentality. 15, 10 years ago we had a different generation playing this game, that generation is being replaced (or pushed out) by the millennials.

It’s always been there. CCP just lost touch at some point. CCP is the main difference. They do not understand the inner workings of their game AT ALL. They are COMPLETELY clueless as to how the mechanics and incentives interact.

What I’ve said is so elementary that maybe you’re just not registering it. NOT playing the game is not gameplay. And, it doesn’t matter if you’re logged in not playing or not logged in not playing. If you are sitting in a station or AFK cloaked or not in the same system or unsubbed and vacationing in the Bahamas. You’re not playing. Your failure to recognize this simple assertion is the start of our misunderstanding.

Now, there is a reason that players engage in avoidant behavior rather than play EVE. It is not because they don’t want to RISK losing their ship. It is because it is not a RISK. It is a dead certainty in many cases. There is nothing they can do at a tactical, gameplay level, to EVADE the consequences of their decision to rat with a neutral in the system, mine in a poorly tanked barge, blind jump into low sec, fly a freighter with too valuable a cargo through a high sec ganking chokepoint, etc. There is no “play”. The only winning move is NOT to play. The only way to win, is to deny the enemy battle. That’s not EVASION.

If you’re asking me what the root cause is, I’ll say it again: interdiction. If players always had the ability to initiate warp, then all these things would be a RISK. But when the opponent has the ability to hang you up and prevent your escape indefinitely, the smart play is to avoid such a scenario because in all likelihood, you won’t be escaping. And that is the state of EVE.

You obviously think he is entitled to sub those 20 accounts and adding an insignificant amount of ISK for tags is game breaking for him. Pah!

I have explained why I favour this change, and it is all to do with a better game for freighter pilots. If you want to throw words around like lazy, well that is rather lazy.

Right, a better game for you but at the cost of an entire playstyle. Just admit it man, you’re a snowflake, you’re wrong, you’ve got it easy.

Some of us have been around a while. If it is easy now, then it just logically follows that we stuck around back when it was hard. Snowflakes don’t do that.

Join an alliance, fit a cyno, problem solved.

fit a tank, problem solved.

scout… or you know… dont be so entitled as to think you should be able to blind jump into the most dangerous systems in the game and not get caught without being prepared.

Use a JF. Wait for them to gank someone else then go, circumvent the system entirely with a HS to HS WH.

There is play, I’ve told you all of it. You’re lazy and you’re entitled. You think you should be able to PvE freely without consideration for other players. This is a MULTIPLAYER PVP GAME. You either want to PvP and you get in a PvP ship, or you do not want to PvP and you take the previously mentioned precations and you’re 99.99% safe. Stop being an entitled brat, it’s gross.

See, entitlement. You want to remove warp scrams? That’s a ■■■■■■■ joke. You would have CCP remove SWATHS of gameplay opportunities for others just so you can be lazy. Get. Out.

1 Like

I do think, but you can’t know what I think unless I tell you or you read me somehow. Now, either you’re psychic or you are making up a Straw Man argument in your head and debating a non-existent person. Maybe try reading what I’ve actually written before thrashing about like an insolent child who just had his lollipop taken away.

I have tanked a suicide gank attempt on my Retriever.
I have helped save freighters from Catalyst swarms.
I have interdicted gankers before they could strike.
I have suicide ganked a suicide ganker and podded him.
I am not the person in your head who just wants an easy game. Being stuck in a fight you can’t win is just not a game at all.

I’ve seen your ahem "kill"board, you do not even have the game knowledge required to offer any valuable insight into the topic in the first place. Nonetheless I am engaging you because I want to be thorough and make sure I am being clear.

If you do not want to be stuck in the fight then take the aforementioned proper precautions and do not get stuck in the fight in the first place. If you want to get in the fight but then not take the losses if you lose… well… you’re a snowflake.

The way you ask this implies you thought there were no options. So we gave you options.

I’m saying that if you, the general you (is in when the queen says ‘one’), feel your only option is to log off/station spin when a non-friendly enters local, you’re doing it wrong. You have many more options than that.

You weren’t talking about ‘smart evasion’ whatever that means for you. You only said:

Now you’re trying to change the goal post and obfuscate the discussion.

Not only is that not the only winning move tactical or otherwise (as I’ve explained) but you don’t understand the battle starts when you log in. The battle starts before you undock. It starts before you decide what ship and fit to use. It starts before you open the map and check which systems have a lot of recent kills. It starts before you decide where to rat.

It’s a persistent world and a persistent battle.

Small minds can’t comprehend the competition between you and the hunters started when you first picked up the game. And every decision you make from then has a lasting effect on every encounter since.

CCP catered to the big ego’s in nullsec and blobfare; now its basicaly hotdrop o’clock for any solo or small gang roaming even in lowsec and so, small groups dont roam so much now because either you get set up for overkill drop or no one undocks without their fc… whos usually just middle management.

probably more to it but well, ccp decided to go the get rich quick route now, EvE had a good innings, i played a lot over the past 11 or 12 years but small gang and solo is pretty dead and ccp seems to keep trying to kill it everytime.

With no one undocking and no one roaming there is less activity… unless you actually like doing the same pve content over and over and over…

3 Likes

Yea this logistics change is more of the same. The big wardec corps move their logistics in corp, no real change there other than you can be lazy and still know who their logi are… oh yea and their targets cant call their friends for remote support… so it actually makes it worse…

On the other hand what remains of the suspect baiting community I’ve been a part of for 10 years is done (you know… much more emergent content that you can opt out of). This is the last mechanic we had and now it’s toast. The only thing that’s left is for me to either join a massive wardec corp (ohhh the irony) or make 20 suicide ganking accounts and burn the game to the ground (irony x2). I’ll see you in 3 months when those ganking accounts are up and running.

@Dracvlad be prepared for Kusion 2.0 because of players JUST LIKE YOU crying for more safety. It only makes it worse, bar none, every time.

2 Likes

Or keep suspect baiting like all the other suspect baiters in your other whine thread said they would, just with better target selection. All your protests here are saying is that you are incapable of adapting.
Also how is it more safety when you yourself are saying that targets are at more risk now because of the change.

1 Like

Yes we hear the peanut gallery. You do not have the game knowledge required to provide any valuable insight on the topic. Please refrain from interrupting the real conversation going on. Thank you.

And again the wardec targets are but MY targets will be in a wonderland. You dont get it. If I’m suspect their friends do not need to provide remote support to be a part of the fight. All they have to do is bring dps and blow me up while my friends watch and can do nothing.

So I digress.

Yes we hear the peanut gallery. You do not have the game knowledge required to provide any valuable insight on the topic. Please refrain from interrupting the real conversation going on. Thank you.

1 Like

Isn’t it amazing how any dissenting voice doesn’t have enough game experience… despite years of playing the game. It’s almost like you are resorting to trolling any argument you can’t counter.
Your targets friends now also can’t bring enough logi to neuter your DPS instead. So,… It’s a two way street, it impacts both sides of the argument equally, especially since you have enough logi on hand to cancel out several DPS on you, while they would only need one logi to cancel out your DPS.
It hasn’t increased or decreased risk, what it has done is made it so you can’t exploit a not easy to understand loophole in the crimewatch mechanics to get kills.