State of the Union: Factional Warfare & Frontlines

Greetings,

We have just released a development blog going over the upcoming Factional Warfare changes and the Frontline system! Please use this thread to discuss it with other Capsuleers. You can also submit more questions for the upcoming Q&A on the official EVE Online Discord.

18 Likes

Will the “mercing” feature at Fanfest be included in this update? It was not in the dev blog (i.e. the ability to join FW without leaving your existing corp or forcing your entire corp to enroll)

11 Likes

So much this.

2 Likes

Second

1 Like

Only one question. I will be able to join FW without changing corporation or enlisting corp/joining NPC FW corp like it is now?

4 Likes

It’s all WIP yet after all even 3 months since the fanfest yeah ?
Poke me again when you actually can deploy the implementation at least on Singurality.
Not sure if the game still exists at the time though.

Looks like a nice update for 2012, but for 2022, you need to try a bit more

7 Likes

Do EDENCOM, ORE, Triglavian, and the various non-pirate, special edition ships count as pirate faction or T1 in the new system classification?

4 Likes

My understanding from previous implementations is Triglavian, Venture, EDENCOM all count as standard T1 though this could change so clarity would be nice.

Tomorrow’s livestream might offer Q&A opportunities.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/wfadgh/comment/iisyk7p/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Vilgan
WE FORM V0LTA
Would love to get confirmation that the ability to participate without leaving our corp/alliance is still the plan.

CCP_Aurora
CCP Games
Still the plan, but there's still a lot of ongoing discussion on the exact shape this will take so we aren't able to announce much on it yet.

r/Eve :wink:

3 Likes

OMFG FINALLY

You sure took your sweet time with this one CCP …

3 Likes

Let’s see how it goes. Most people in my corp are very, very disillusioned with things regarding EVE updates so if this is an actual, functional engaging thing like it was done with Pochven (talking space design not especially all site design since those really need some attention (world ark and non observatory flashpoints)) then perhaps the status quo of them all expecting only failure might shift to being more engaged about EVEs future. Their current est. is 0.69/10 in regards of what they expect from EVEs future you better go and make it 6.9 CCP :wink:

Great I love what I am reading, nice thought put into this.
The complexity of the capture system will keep us developing new strategies for awhile before it enters solved state.

+1 CCP well done.

6 Likes

I have to say your name fits the topic rather well.

3 Likes

They are t1 as far as I know.

Edencom is Navy
Ore is t1
Trig not sure it has its own Precursor folder lol for its strength and balancing purposes I would say pirate for sure.

Vedmak is the strongest none t2 cruiser in the game imo.

What confirms that part about EDENCOM?

The market, check skybreaker.

Never noticed this but that is a good point. REE CCP for not including the green icon…

2 Likes