Station Walking - Let's put it to a Vote

Personally, I wouldn’t totally write off a future Captain’s Quarters. Developing something like that would be fairly routine for developers at Pearl Abyss. As example, games like Fallout 3 ran three engines simultaneously, IIRC. Gamebryo, Havok, and a speech engine.

So given time, PA could eventually send a team over and try to integrate and optimize their own character engine within EVE’s, to run just two engines simultaneously. Especially since PA intends to collaborate on new games with EVE devs in the future, it’s possible they could be brainstorming on ways to integrate right now.

Allow me to quote myself from another thread:

Our votes / opinions don’t matter one way or the other, PA will do as they see best for them and the current playerbase has no say…even unsubbing, imo.

It seems doubtful that PA paid so much for CCP simply because they are foolish, I think they have a longer-term plan.

Personally I strongly suspect what they were really buying when they bought CCP was established access to the potentially lucrative Chinese market. That would be a fairly smart gamble business-wise as something like an EvE mobile game (ugh…but que sera sera) could make billions of monies.

Just don’t see PA passing up a lot of money potential in avatar gameplay regardless of the opinions of any EvE players. So get ready to see it not just again but much more.

The paradigm has shifted when PA bought ccp. Again imo of course - all the current playerbase could quit in protest and it wouldn’t cause PA to panic. Sure they would like to keep EvE alive and prospering - why not have it make them money - but ultimately we the players are not a threat.

So as I have since the PA purchase of CCP, I will continue to enjoy eve and see what happens. I expect to have to adapt to much and be under no delusions that I control or even influence EvE direction.

enjoy eve
vOv

This seems like the most plausible way to do it if and when they have spare time to develop new features. They can easily take the art & design assets, as well as part of the code from the old WiS, raise the graphic quality on the textures (75% of the work is done; they just need to update the existing assets), and optimize the code, tossing everything into an engine that they can run alongside the base game.

They might be able to do that in less than 6 months with ample devs to spare for other projects/balances. Give it a 1-2 month break and start slowly expanding on it.

No.

Absolutely not.

Never.

This project got cancelled:

But this seems to show that, as of end of 2018, they still have the technology to combine character and ship assets from EVE. Looks like they started this before being acquired by PA. Perhaps it’s possible they paused for restart to switch over to Pearl Abyss BDO engine. But all I can say tho is if they were, PA character rendering is definitely superior. Maybe we’ll find out more someday, as we know from the interview of PA CEO that he does want to collaborate with CCP for future new games.

Thanks. I’m really not opposed to the idea of having more interactive character environments, but they underlying game infrastructure and development absolutely need to not be compromised by having it.

It could be done and it could be cool as heck if done right. Station walking was a brief time, considering playing for over 15 years now, but to me it was super cool. I am an immerisive player you could say.

I realize how buisness’s work and how they did what they did and where they are today. I also imagined how it could be and I still do. It is a huge dream for sure, but imagine at least the idea of meeting a bunch of traders in Jita seeing it as Star Citizen style of just the feeling of how big it all is; people and places. Eve has so much around it’s actual game. Just look at ALL the events we’ve created and shared (Fanfests, Eve Vegas, Eve other places, Eve everywere all year).
It woul be awesome and one can dream. It requires the right resources, both in time, money and the right people and then a good place in time to start it.

I hope, Eve is truly unique and where it is heading is one hell of a journey for us all.

1 Like

It would have added so much to the game

no I know CCP went and removed just about all evidence of what WIS was going to be from the internet but you can still find a few phone videos from people that were at the keynotes. so that’s just a ■■■■ argument. You can argue that it would not have added what many would have wanted but you can’t say it would not have added much let alone anything. Hell I know a lot of people who are still bummed out and never realized how much time they spent in the cq.

as for vanity items? how about how much they charge for the damn ship skins that they were supposed to release the tech for use to make our own for free years ago if the first line was successful.

Wrong game type…as somebody else put it, if you are jazzed by avatar based game play then go play Second Life or something like that.

LOL…great argument

CCP had the data on time spent and made the call…deal with it.

EXACTLY!!! Now you are getting it. Time and resources into something that people want and will pay for and make them money…Sitting in a station? Nope…just a waste of time and resources…

So basically it comes down to only being able to suggest something to CCP if there’s profit in it for them. Fair enough.

They are not running a charity now are they…:wink:

3 Likes

I vote no… CCP had their chance to make Eve more emmersive. CCP basically handed the torch to CIG on this one. I was all about the walking in stations and taking that to other levels, simply because I personally wanted an emmersive environment that made me FEEL like I actually am a space pirate, or that I really am flying in space, walking around in my ship, etc. I can see why Eve has its own niche but tbh, that heat has long since subsided and the remaining environment in Eve currently, is fueled by inflating market prices focused around plex, and Block Alliance pvp… Which tbh, I have already had these gaming experiences.

Eve now is just looking for ideas to keep it fresh and going, and I get that. which is why it’s hard to determine if Eve really is a good product to purchase, considering the perspective of a consumer.

I love Eve, and really miss the good ol days but I finally came to face the music, it will never be the same again. Eve is lost, and its now just an mmorpg like the rest.

And, to pay 15$ a month PER account? I down graded and sold all my Eve stuff, and just log in to play this or that hardly any now. and I am really sad about that. Too much face stomping for the lil guys and too much competition with the big alliances funneling trillions of isk thru RMT and botters… CCP wouln’t even give the honest paying sub guys a break… not even a ■■■■■■■ discount for alt accounts. So after ten years, I have moved on, not because of my dwindeling love for Eve or rising hate for asshole trollers and scammers in the community, but because, its just not worth it to me anymore.

So keep Eve as it is, cause SC is ALREADY much better of a space exploration experience, AND its not even ■■■■■■■ finished! lol …

So yea, keep Eve where it is, cause that IS what it wanted to do, Create its own lil niche, and stay there. I think It should do just that, and let the other new experiences coming out, step the ■■■■ all over it.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.