Now before anyone cries foul and wants me tried for heresy, hear me out.
I am a player who enjoys EVE, especially the carnage in space. However, Walking in Stations could be implemented without taking too many resources from other development assets.
If a small team (1-3 Devs) were allocated to do piecemeal work on WiS per patch cycle, it could be expanded.
The primary focus of course would be the spaceships aspect of EVE. But here are a few suggestions just off the cuff.
- Decorum for CQ (interactable items, i.e. drinks, smokes, medal displays, etc)
- Being able to display certain loot items on the wall
- Expansion of CQ to include hangar, not just the gantry leading to your ship
- Gambling and vending machines in a promenade or concourse area (Would serve as an ISK sink)
- Shops, agent hubs, actual Corporate Offices (and meeting rooms)
- Bars, clubs, et cetera)
- Being able to walk around in your hangars/ships
- Specialized NPC agents in stations that reward with cosmetic items for character/CQ
- An expansion to industry (BPs for expansions to CQs, furniture items, which could serve as another ISK sink.)
- Corporate/Alliance Board Rooms/Offices/War Rooms
Anything the imagination can really manifest in a reasonable fashion could be implemented bit by bit. This way, in a year or two there would be expansive environments for those who wanted them, and you could still opt out of using it if you so choose. Hell, allow pilots to even interact with dust bunnies on station. I believe this reasonable, but as initially stated, space would still be the primary priority along with mechanics.
Wouldn’t be opposed to CCP starting a Kickstarter, and ****, I’d throw in some monies for that.