Any chance of station walking ever again?

I still feel really disappointed this never got past the stage of just walking around a room with that teasing door leading to other capsuleers forever being locked. I know it’s not a crucial part of the game in anyway but I felt it added a bit more depth and something fresh to do while spinning in station.

Also I just got me one of these triglavian survival suits (perun one) and it looks sick but it would be awesome to see it in the flesh and not just as my character picture.

So is there any chance of us meeting in stations ever again or is it shelved forever?

17 Likes

Indeed the height of future fashion is a darth vader mask and an old Assassin’s Creed hoodie.

At least someone liked it enough to buy mine.

2 Likes

These suits are a very nice piece of clothing. Too bad they dont have any function, same with armors But of course Walking In Stations would be needed with some combat areas somewhere in the space. Avatar Exploration like CCP demoed protoype. Then it was all shelved for indefinite amount of time. Basically forever.

In EVE? I dont think so. At least with current EVE management. There is EVE Nova in the works tho, one could argue its still the same world… Informations about it are scarce tho. I have never seen it having any vehicle mode or PvE stuff. So less ambitional than DUST 514. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

They never was a chance lol.

It’s called a carrot on a stick

5 Likes

CCP bought a ticket, but missed that train years ago.

3 Likes

As they sing in Liverpool;

You’ll Never Walk Again.

3 Likes

While this would be cool I would rather have dev investment in actual game content.

4 Likes

When they made that monocle $80 they made most the players feel small and poor, but they didn’t want anyone to know so rather than complain about the price they complained about WiS :rofl:

If that monocle had been $10 we’d be walking in stations today!

5 Likes

Does it have to be in EVE tho? Tere are also other games from CCP, liek SPARC, Valkyrie, maybe Gunjack?

I am an EVE guy so I would like EVE only. :+1:

4 Likes

The actual answer is yes, there is a chance.
But CCP aren’t going to spend the time without it having a meaningful gameplay impact. And not ‘you have to now walk to see your mission agent’ because that’s just tedious.
So we aren’t going to get bars to sit and drink in just for the sake of having bars.

2 Likes

Personally, if they ever touch this kind of thing again, I’d much rather be able to take a walk within the spaceship and have my crew members make me a sandwich or go inspect the cargohold.

7 Likes

Well… Chances are that EVE won’t last much more than 3 years, so I guess that the answer about WiS is “No” multiplied by zero.

2 Likes

:joy:- obligatory EVE is kill comment

3 Likes

And when its dead someone could pick up the trademark and go full WIS on New Eden. :smirk:

1 Like

is this throwback week now? after GM Week we get throwback week … everyday one old thing back on the board

really funny … NOT!

hey dont warm up all this old stuff … its gone … get over it … its was useless anyways so what you want?

JuuR

1 Like

Maybe Chris Robs will buy it and turn it into StarCitizen material… in 3069. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It doesnt even need 1/10 of the money and time Chris spent on Star citizen. Planet environments, base environments, all of it could have already been implemented using the systems everybody have seen in game already. There is this misconception that you have to get rid of loading screens, while you can just replace loading screen with looping animation of a flying ship or walking character or “data transfer” procedure while leaving capsule. There are simple tricks just like with jumping gate from system to system that previously showed just [ LOADING SYSTEM ] screen.

It just needs money and people with ideas.

2 Likes

Agreed. Regarding loading screens, basically you describe Mass Effect.

1 Like

Just like Mass Effect, but they could be improved with being little cutscenes preloaded to memory, with actual player avatar and ship already loaded.

1 Like