Stealth bomber need a CPU reduction for Torpedo launcher

I believe that the stealth bomber are in need for a CPU reduction for the launcher like the power grid bonus but for CPU as well.

To fit a bomber on it and missiles you can only use T1 weapons on it to fit without the rig slots or implants.

To have a fit like this:

[Purifier, Purifier]
Co-Processor II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

Warp Disruptor II
1MN Afterburner II
Target Painter II

Bomb Launcher II
Torpedo Launcher II
Torpedo Launcher II
Torpedo Launcher II
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Mjolnir Rage Torpedo x240

It’s very hard to even fit the T2 launcher on it let alone a bomber on it, well without 1 or 2 cpu rigs. Then say good bye to your missiles hitting anything that not a shield battleships with full dps.

I was thinking not a 99.7% like the power grid one, but only 40% reduction of CPU requirement for launchers.
So you have 99.7% reduction for power grid and a 40% reduction for CPU.

Shoot me down if you guys want.

But what do you guys think?

I just want my idea to be heard and talked about.

The point of the limited CPU on bombers is specifically to make it hard to fit T2 launchers and a bomb launcher and have your torps apply well to smaller ships. You’re supposed to have to choose whether you want to be fully bomb capable or do max torpedo DPS or apply better to smaller targets when you fit. Some fits can do two at once, but being able to do all three at once would be ridiculously overpowered.

In other words, if you want that extra CPU to make fitting bombers easier, you’ll probably have to pay a cost in terms of DPS or utility to balance things out.

1 Like

In agreement that reducing the fitting costs here is a bad seaway into making bombers overpowered. And there is a lot you can do with bombers with the fitting made available now.

Now for constructive advice:

• Have you trained advanced fitting skills to make things easier before implants? Weapon upgrades 5 will ease up your CPU and Adv. Weapon Upgrades cuts PWG.
  • You can use meta level gear to fit easier than T2 in most cases, or faction if you can afford it.
  • Abyssal mutagens can reduce your fitting costs at the expense of some damage or corresponding stat when rolled properly.
  • You can cut those rigs down with the rigging skill for launchers, theyre cutting into your CPU or step them down to T1.

Frigate capacitors regenerate very quickly and you usually only need to wait like 2 minutes from empty to almost full again.

Why don’t you just offline the bomb launcher when you don’t use it and online it later? It only takes your capacitor to be at 95% when you online a module and you can do it without a depot wherever you want.

1 Like

TII is not always the most efficient when it comes to CPU/Power. If you want that fit you may need to try some faction or TI gear.

This is intentional and a good thing.

-1 on the change.

2 Likes

Yes, you can’t fit a max DPS + application against small targets stealth bomber with t2 launchers + t2 bomb. That’s kind of the point, stealth bombers are meant to murderize big things not all things

3 Likes

Like the others say, you don’t seem to appreciate that bombers aren’t meant to apply damage to smaller targets. At least not without sacrifices.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.