Steam accounts and PLEX purchase fails

Why are you making assumptions as to the nature of the reasons why he cannot use CCs? What business is it of yours? I’m sure everyone here is curious but no one here prior to you has had the nerve and lack-of-decency to inquire or, worse, be so presumptious.

4 Likes

And now I find I can buy plex directly from CCP at the EVE store but pay for it with money in my Steam account. Jesus I wish I knew that sooner. This must be a new thing. I am sure that was not an option when I sorted out how to get Omega time two years ago.

5 Likes

Things change over time…news at 11.

What a completely useless thing to say. How often do you search for a new way to do something on the off chance some company made a change? I will wager the range is .01 percent to never.

That things change in general was not my point, nor is it a point at all. I just named a specific change and that information may actually be useful to someone.

Don’t use Steam to pay for 3rd party services if you can avoid it. There’s all this hassle when things go wrong, and Gabe takes a cut from the developers / publishers just by doing nothing other than providing a download server and some bandwidth. Valve is a leech in the game industry.

3 Likes

Another thing I realized might have been the cause was when I attempted to make an Evelauncher shortcut on my desktop. Instead of a shortcut I somehow drug the actual file out. I don’t remember what I did from there exactly but of course at some point I replaced the file.

I did this to increase performance on that old computer. I may fiddle too much, but I did not think this transfer was linked to my software but rather my accounts only. I still don’t know.

Removed an off topic post. Keep it on topic and civil please.

1 Like

Sucks. But can’t you give someone money who has a credit card, and they pay the sub for you with that CC?

1 Like

This is really a weird issue, actually easily resolved as long as you have friends.

Give money to an EVE playing friend.
Have friend buy PLEX to sub your account via gametime donation.

So unless you’re a carebear you really have ways around this.

And he doesn’t have to buy PLEX from CCP.
There’s legit resellers out there with additional payment options.

2 Likes

The last two posts above give good alternate options for some people I suppose. However, I despise depending on others for something so persistent. Bug my friend each and every month for PLEX on his CC? Keep doing that until something happens, like he moves away and I can no longer pay him in cash or something? In fact I can tell you my best friend would simply be annoyed by this request and I would be too if I were him. I mean, I could borrow his hauling truck if I wanted, but not like once a month for who knows how many tiimes. He would either tell me to buy my own or start paying rental and again, I would agree with him.

you need better friends then…

2 Likes

Every month? Give him enough money for a sub (not PLEX) for a year. It’s much cheaper, too. Assuming your problem is lack of a credit card, not a severe lack of money.

If I’d buy 500 PLEX from CCP, that’s €20. So €240 per year. But a proper sub for one year is just €131.

2 Likes

Then he’s not your best friend or you have absolutely no standards when it comes to friends.
A best friend would be the first person to do it if I just asked him. It wouldn’t even matter if he was annoyed,
a best friend would do it anyway, even if it had to be each and every months.

I’m not buying this ■■■■■■■■ any longer.

There clearly is a solution to OP’s problem …
… but he outright refuses to use it …
… so he doesn’t deserve any sympathy.

Exactly, even with my best friend losing his job back in March, I been keeping his phone bill and internet bill paid… without asking for money

1 Like

Everyone offering opinions about my friends can stick it sideways. I have seen tons of friendships destroyed over problems that arose over such money related things. I don’t like drama and unsurprisingly neither do any of my friends. And that crap will eventually lead to drama.

I also clearly said I do not like to depend on others like that, so its not an option regardless.

The point that friends can possibly help get you plex that way has been noted. As for my goal of helping others in the future, that’s all that needed said. My personal problem is with plex lost, not future plex. Friends can’t do much about lost plex. So you can shut the F up about my friends now. Its off topic and offensive to suggest my friends are not good enough. I prefer them to yours for reasons that are also off topic and stating would be rude. Put a sock in it.

Did it ever dawn on you that my dedication to this game is not quite so deep? Two months ago I came back after not playing for a year and a half. When I stopped playing then it was not a rage quit either, I just needed to get my addiction under control, although I had no intention to return at all. A one year sub? NO. I won’t commit to that. To keep my life under control, month to month works very well.

I would also advise others to make that decision VERY carefully. I would rather pay more in the long run and have my life undercontrol that have my life fall apart and save a few bucks.

Sorry, I refuse to believe that you are somehow able to make online payments through Steam but unable to get any kind of credit or debit card at all. The whole premise of this is just not plausible unless you’ve been convicted of financial fraud and banned from banking (in which case sucks to be you, don’t be a criminal).

1 Like

So, financial crimes it is then. It’s pretty obvious from your unwillingness to explain why you are “blacklisted” that this problem is 100% self-inflicted and you don’t deserve any sympathy.

I buy Steam cards at convenience stores with cash.

Then you can buy prepaid debit cards at a convenience store and use it like a credit card.

3 Likes

I think whos criminal here is Steam or CCP or both, for getting money and not providing the bought stuff.
At this point of time, it is assumed they had a lot of time to fix stuff which they didnt do, so it looks like a malicious intent.

But, I am sure CCP will be defended here, same as Steam. No matter what.

2 Likes

Well … you’re not wrong, in a way, but still.
That doesn’t let the OP off the hook.

“I am blacklisted here” … the post has been removed.
And now he’s trying to hide what he said.

No one’s getting blacklisted for no ■■■■■■■ reason.

Plus …

When you can buy these, you can also buy others. When a shop has these types of prepaid cards …
… then they have other kinds of prepaid cards as well. Especially CC prepaids, because they’re good money.

So not only must there be a good reason for why he doesn’t want to ask friends … (and he sure as ■■■■ doesn’t give a good one)
… there must also be a reason why he doesn’t want to buy prepaid cards …
… which makes absolutely no sense at all.

Given the information available that’s actually the rational choice …
… except for those who keep making everyone a victim who never did anything wrong at all.

All we know, though, suggests that the OP is a shady person.

1 Like