Stitch Kaneland for CSM 18 - Ship and Ecosystem Balance

1. Not going to name everything, but a few stand-outs are changing cyno’s to recons only and more recently the Uprising/Veridian expansions. FW was a good improvement, I won’t say its perfect but its good that CCP finally addressed the old FW system.

The expansions are important not necessarily for their direct content/changes but the fact that CCP seems to be taking a different approach from their past updates and actually listening and introducing balance tweaks/reworks. Which is important for the foundation of the game (its a game about spaceships, which require tweaks/balance to stay engaging)

2. This is a much larger list, but I don’t feel like typing all day, so i’ll add some bullet points

• Up until recently (and even still maybe), CCP has an absolutely glacial pace in regards to iteration on problem areas. This could be ship balance, ecosystem, QoL etc. It feels like we’re destined to suffer through terrible changes for years until someone wakes up and tweaks some numbers.

• Nullification change was terrible and really not needed, especially in how it was implemented. It nerfed actual tackle ships and for some inexplicable reason, made DST’s near immune to any kind of interdiction.

• CCP’s left arm doesn’t seem to know what its right arm is doing. Hence why we repeatedly get issues where CCP’s marketing department releases special boosters as part of a booster pack that provide in game benefits for real money (aka gold ammo) without the other departments seemingly realizing this. CCP nukes all their community goodwill, CCP’s departments acknowledge each other, realize this was a mistake and pull it. This has happened several times now

• CCP’s refusal to admit when something is wrong/bad for the game, but are too stubborn/prideful to admit it. So instead of changing it in a reasonable time frame, we have to wait years (typically with management changes) to finally get the bad/broken thing addressed properly. Currently, this is scarcity, or the remnants of it (why are T1 BS almost 400m?!)

3. Objectives, content drivers, reasons to fight people at larger scales. People only fight out of necessity, instead of for fun or to take something they find useful. Its why the entirety of null has become stagnant with essentially 3 groups controlling all of it, but not doing anything.

I also have multiple ships i’d like to see implemented depending on the meta and need that fill certain roles that don’t currently exist. Super Heavy interdictor, T2 Attack BC, Utility Battleships etc

4. Most forms of long range projection without limitations

5. Gankers

6. Gold ammo

7. Less clicks, ability to save templates for planets/setups

8. Not sure on this one as I don’t have much interaction with it

3 Likes

Boy is it! So glad myself to see this happening.

• CCP’s left arm doesn’t seem to know what its right arm is doing. Hence why we repeatedly get issues where CCP’s marketing department releases special boosters as part of a booster pack that provide in game benefits for real money (aka gold ammo) without the other departments seemingly realizing this. CCP nukes all their community goodwill, CCP’s departments acknowledge each other, realize this was a mistake and pull it. This has happened several times now

They’re so Groundhog but without the romance and bank robberies.

I’ve advocated for a deeper inter connection to it, such as the projects feature, for this ^ exact reason. I mean Corporations are at the core. #TheCaldariLife

Thanks for your reply, I’d heart you but I’m all out of hearts. Gotta build that forum trust!

Will you stop RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means, Stitch Kaneland?

The CSM cannot control what CCP does in terms of their own security protocols for finding RMT/Gambling operations.

You should look more into what the CSM actually does. Its a focus group. We can say “CCP, RMT and gambling is bad” or bring to their attention a potential RMT/Gambling exploit, but we do not have direct control on CCP “Stopping” anything.

So i’ll give you this answer: If I stumble upon RMT/Gambling operations, then i’ll report to CCP and they will investigate using their own internal affairs protocol.

3 Likes

Appeared on the meta show for the some of my background, changes implemented and some things I see for the future. Check it out!

1 Like

On Pando’s FC chat where we talk about the CSM changes, balance iterations and more!

1 Like

CMS 18
You are all welcome to advertise
introduce yourself on one of the largest German Discord servers
And to advertise 1300+ are waiting for you Respect Honor Passion

The candidates are invited LIVE in the stream

And with LIVE translation English to German !!
introduce yourself in an interview and ask questions
to be answered by German speaking players
Yours sincerely (Neo ceo RHP) …

Hey Canucks and Friends!

We got the chance to have a nice interview with @Stitch_Kaneland that we now share with you.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

+1 for Stitch Kaneland, revenge for 2022!

1 Like

Quick question: would you advocate for the return of the Abyssal Arena?

Depends on how it implemented. If its part of a temporary but consistent event (weekly/monthly), then sure.

If its intention is to be permanent and removes more people from space for organic pvp interactions, then I would not.

1 Like

Thanks for you reply, intermittent events similar to what we had before is all I’m asking for.

Good luck with your campaign.

1 Like

Congratulations Stitch. I can confirm you got my top slot vote.

1 Like

Congrats Stitch, do you think being on CSM will stop your goal of getting 100 pvp kills in 2023?

only time will tell

quality over quantity.

Join me in flying solo in only polarized fits (but don’t actually join me, because then its not solo). See who can get the most ppk

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.