Stop the ganking start the pvping

I have fair fights in Counter-Strike Global Offensive thank you very much

In all games, not just EVE, the gank is just a hunt

In World of Warcraft I was ganking people with my Orc rogue

I think anyone should be allowed to declare war on anyone…individual, corp, alliance, whatever. But there should be…

1. A fee for declaring war. To discourage people declaring war on noobs. minimum would be 50m ISK.
  2. A additional level of destruction defined upfront…50m ISK, 500m ISK…whatever, which you pay upfront and only get back that amount which you destroy, and nothing over the pre-defined limit. That means if you set the limit at 50m and you destroy 500m worth…you effectively lose 450m ISK. If you set the limit at 500m and you destroy or loot 700m, you only make 500m. This would encourage people to aim high…but with greater risk if they do. It’s going to cost you at least 100m to declare war, even just on an individual.
  3. A fixed time period…and inability to declare war on same persons or group for X amount of time afterwards.
  4. A fee for exemptions from war declarations for a specified period. Noobs under 30 days would automatically be exempt.

Let the carnage begin !

Btw, the war fee was already 200mil in 2019 no matter who you decced. It was usually still much more expensive than ganking as they either stopped playing for a week or they left corp to get around it, then week later they rejoined corp. And all those botting orcas and ice fleets were already npc corp at that time.

1 Like

Why would anyone pay anything above the minimum allowed value in that case? Why would someone choose to pay 500 million for the opportunity to get back 500 million (leaving them with net 0 million), when they can pay 50 million for the opportunity to get back 50 million, which also leaves them with net 0 million? There’s no incentive to pay anything above the minimum value in this case since it’s just additional risk without additional reward?

In the old days it cost more to dec an alliance

A solution to that is to either not let them leave after a dec or stop them rejoining till the end of time.

Or, they are still tagged as eligible target because they were in the corp the moment the dec was declared. And will remain an eligible target until the dec ends. Regardless of what NPC / and or player corps they try to escape to.

CCP however, in their wisdom, decided that shooting structures is more fun

Down with all structures in high sec.

2 Likes

They just wanted the “high-sec griefers” to absorb the ISK/resource/PLEX sinks by taxing them very heavily for engaging in piracy/PvP.

The effect that it actually had though was that pretty much every single person who used to do this, aside from about 50-100 total holdouts, stopped playing the game.

1 Like

Why does everything have to be about ISK reward ? Surely the reward is the fight itself…and any kills. Its the same reason I object to CCP going on about ‘valid’ targets as if some level of ISK reward made them ‘valid’. What’s wrong with shooting stuff up just for the fun of it ?

Okay, but what is the point of the mechanic then? If the most you can “win” when you bet the money is some or all of your money back, but not more than that, then why would anyone bet more than the minimum required amount? That’s the part I don’t get.

1 Like

Let kill them all

People would be paying for the opportunity to have fights they would not otherwise have. I don’t get why you don’t get that. It’s for those who value kills more than ISK. It would be high risk, with the only reward being kills. I’m sure plenty would take up the challenge.

Full stop

At least Candleass did not beg the other person to put a war HQ down like a certain someone who is a war deccer and then complained about not being able to defend it, cry more please.

I will keep reminding you that you are a war deccer who could not war dec, I was in an alliance that could be war decced and yet you made a crying cringy challenge when you could have just done a war dec, seriously… In the end you joined RIOT and got the war dec, but that is where you end up bringing friends…

You have not defined anything that happens when you reach the limit that stops people from fighting. Even the example given outlines a case where the attackers killed and looted more value than the imposed limit so it is not clear how paying more grants any benefit, either in tangible isk or intangible fun, but it does come with the penalty of making it harder to recoup your costs.

Either an authority has to confiscate your excess isk and loot from fighting, the war has to end, the payout has to be greater than the expense if the limit is reached, or some other actual thing has to trigger upon reaching the limit that is still not defined.

Then they’ll just log off.

This is the issue CCP had before. People would declare war on a corp, most of that corp would stop logging in, then after the war a small percentage of them would stay logged off indefinitely. Wardecs on average would reduce the size of the playerbase by a small amount, and neither the people declaring war nor the people having war declared on them were actually engaging in the content.

There is no way to force people who don’t want to PvP into combat with other players. Since mass wardeccers and gankers both want to target players who don’t want to fight there’s never going to be a solution that comes from those people that’s actually feasible, because it will all be built around the false premise that you can force people into combat.

Oh look personal attacks from a hypocrit.

If you are super rich like Zaera, it doesn’t

Calm down chicken

Y125 Proposal

Only Mutual WARS on Highsec Only Structures allowed, all other locations such as Lowsec or Nulsec Structure locations will be open to fully non-consented Wardecs being allowed.