Structures can enter into abandon state but why can't Control Towers?

As long as it has strontium, it will reinforce. The fuel doesn’t matter, only the strontium.

Why would they want to update the POS code when they’ve been working to separate it from everything else in the game in preparation of complete removal?

As someone who has personally destroyed quite a few unfueled POSes, I assure you that this is untrue.

With an unfueled Control Tower, all associated structures are unpowered and the protective shield that prevents targeting is not functional, and all you need to do is apply DPS to the tower and it will fall as soon as it’s structure HP hits zero.

Mind you, you do have to apply a considerable amount of damage and this does take a long time without a large fleet supporting you, but there is no timer involved.

Again, this is incorrect.

Anchored defensive structures that sit outside of the shield have insane structure resists, even after the associated control tower has been destroyed. Once you destroy the associated control tower, you can repair those structures and scoop them to cargo. If you instead opt to destroy them that will take a considerable amount of time and effort given the high resists, but there is absolutely not a timer involved.

I can only speak from my own experience which isn’t a sample size of hundreds of structures but maybe 20-25 that i’ve tried to shoot. All unfuel but all reinforced with a 24 h timer. So, I could have been unlucky with all of them having stront in them.

This was more of a suggestion of how to remove them from the game in a fun way

fun for players means man-hours and dev time for ccp

Yes. That’s a win in my book if the fun for players improves the retention rate and keeps players playing for longer.

And this post illustrates why it’s basically pointless to try and have a conversation on these topics.

You have fallen into what most people do which is you have this idea, and you are at a point that you will twist anything into fulfilling that idea. You are carrying around a round peg trying to hammer it into every square hole you can find.

First off some simple facts.

We have citadels because CCP has admitted the POS code was so bad, it was easier to do new structures from scratch. I would guarantee they will not be touching POS code until it comes time to hit the delete button.

Secondly, other than some junk on dscan, old abandoned control towers are creating no negative effect on anyone’s gameplay. Since Citadels do not require a moon to anchor, an old control tower doesn’t block anything.

And last, but also most important, the thought that making control towers slightly easier to blow up having ANY effect on player retention is laughable. Making a control tower slightly easier to kill, when they aren’t in the way, and don’t drop any loot, doesn’t make it “more fun”.

I’d also be willing to bet there isn’t a single EVE player who has EVER said “I stopped playing EVE because those abandoned control towers are just too hard to destroy”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.